Series 6 - Episode 21
Take Me to Your Leader
Teleplay by Terry Nation
Directed by Robert Fuest
Continuity & Trivia
- 2:03 - Shepherd had his face covered in shaving foam a moment earlier but now it's all gone.
- 3:08 - Mother's superior is codenamed Grandma.
- 4:24 - There's a crate marked FF 70/9, obviously left over from Have Guns - Will Haggle.
- 8:13 - That's a trilby on Captain Andrews... (8:22) ... but now it's a bowler hat.
Patrick Macnee must have been on holidays, as the original synopsis has him at the airfield with Tara when Trent is killed, and all the second unit filming has the stuntman in the bubble car wearing a bowler hat.
- 8:34 - The x-rays of the suitcase are reused in Thingumajig, puportedly being x-rays of the thingumajig.
- 11:09- The "Cremorne Hotel" signs are clearly acetate stuck to the pillar.
- 13:21 - Bored Steed pulls out a hip flask... and Condon takes the opportunity a few moments later to steal the case.
- The contacts announced by the case:
- Trent (10:44): You wil take me to room 27 of the Cremorne Hotel in Sloane Street, the reservation being under the name of Richard Strauss.
- Condon (15:07): You will take me to number 11 Heston Avenue at 8 o'clock this evening, you will ask for Miss Graham. That is all.
- Sally (20:45): You will take me to the telephone box in Cranley High Street. You will stand in the box at precisely 9 o'clock when I will issue further instructions. That is all.
- 23:04 - Your next contact has already passed the telephone box and identified you. You will now go to a place of safety where the transfter can be made. Your contact will follow you. That is all.
- Cavell (25:56): You will take me to room 6 in Colton House. Before doing so, however, there is a matter of security to be taken care of. You will kill your last contact. Repeat, you will kill your last contact.
- Tim (34:29): Take me to number 84 Patrick Street and leave me there at midnight precisely.
- Shepherd (39:18) : At precisely 8am you will deposit me outside the luggage loading bay at King's Cross Station. That is all.
- Jackson (41:28): You will take me to St Bartholemew's church, deposit me in the Cunningham family crypt. That is all. / 42:50 : I thank you in your co-operation in bringing me here. Unfortunately, in the interests of security, sacrifices have to be made. I am a substitute case, designed to mislead any pursuers. To maintain security, it is necessary you do not survive. The crypt is hermetically sealed and I will shortly emit a poison gas. To make your last minutes more comfortable, I contain a small gift. Thank you and good-bye.
- Wilson: Mother's warehouse hideout.
- 47:00 et passim. The vault set is reused as Mother's headquarters in Who Was That Man I Saw You With? and Simon Juniper's shop, albeit whitewashed, in Pandora (the three episodes were filmed one after another).
- 47:00 : My final collection is long overdue. I must assume I've fallen into the wrong hands. I will self-destruct myself and my contents in 15 seconds.
(This announcement is faked, devised by Steed to flush out the traitor).
- 19:03 - Steed's pretty ineffectual in this episode. First he lets Condon spirit the case away while he pours himself a whisky, and then he get's knocked out by Miss Long as he's trying to bribe Sally to recover the case after losing it a second time.
- 19:00-19:15 - There's a small hair at the bottom right corner in the close-ups of Penelope Keith, most visible at 19:12.
- 19:33 - The Georgian music from Escape In Time in played while Tara and Audrey perform their balletic fight.
- 19:40 - You can see it's clearly Cyd Child slamming the piano lid on Audrey's fingers.
- 21:48 - There's a small hair top right of screen in Stonehouse's CU (He's wearing a Guards tie, by the way).
- 25:30 - Tara's flat has those terrible curtains from the Litoff Organisation in The £50,000 Breakfast.
- 30:26-33 - There's a small hair curled at top centre of the screen.
- 32:47 - Cyd Child doing the judo (of course). Not sure who Ronane's stand-in is.
- 33:22 - Steed hits Tim on the head with his steel-crowned bowler hat.
- 37:17 - Hawkin's stuntman looks nothing like him.
- 43:00 - Couriers must have been running for quite a while if there are two skeletons of past couriers in the crypt.
- 43:33-45:50 - The case delivers a bottle of Meudon et Heim champagne which Tara (actually, Cyd Child) ends up giving to the vicar when she steals his car. I've never heard of the brand so it's probably prop wine; it certainly turns up a lot in this series.
- 45:13 - An0other FF rifle ammo crate from Have Guns - Will Haggle.
- Running time: 50'14"
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face