Series 6 - Episode 1
Teleplay by Richard Harris
Directed by Robert Fuest
Continuity & Trivia
- 3:00 - Dexter is suddenly lower down the ladder again.
- 3:26 - The angle of the ladder as Dexter approaches the "REWARD" doors is completely different to that when he was climbing (unless the wall is supposed to be heavily slanted).
- 4:14 - Dexter's body has been left at the children's playground in Merton Park.
- 5:44 - Steed's words, "Check them for me at Jig Creations" have been dubbed in.
- 6:45-7:00 - The Master doing the jigsaw is one of those cringe-making sped up sequences, this time reversed to throw salt into the wound.
- 9:51 - The manservant uses chloroform to kidnap Averman.
- 10:40 - An obvious stuntman for Macnee, it's probably Paul Weston, judging by his height.
- 11:54 - An early masking technique to put Averman's face on the television screen. It's used again at 39:50 to show Steed in the 'Game'.
- 19:18 - The trench looks especially fake in this shot.
- 19:37 - Anthony Newlands nearly falls into the trench when he tries to leap out and his foot misses the ledge.
- 21:00 - Linda Thorson looks straight down the camera - is she that embarrassed by her terrible lines, or that she just about fluffed them?
- 21:18-21:30 - vertical scratch on tape
- 25:00 - the Brigadier's medals are:
CBE, DSO, Military Cross
1939-45 Star, Africa Star, Italy Star, France and Germany Star
Defence Medal, War Medal 1939-45, Korea Medal, United Nations Service Medal for Korea, Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal
- 25:30 - It looks like they're in the same field as they met Mother in Super Secret Cypher Snatch and had their picnic at the end of All Done with Mirrors.
- 26:00-26:30 - That's Joe Dunne standing in for Anthony Newlands and doing the fall over the windscreen.
- 28:55 - Steed refers to Witney's "academical" colleagues. Is that even a word?
- 34:55 - Is that Romo Gorara doing Garfield Morgan's stunts?
- 35:03 - The manservant uses chloroform to kidnap Tara, this time leaving behind the pad of gauze and finishing the jigsaw, so Steed would know to come after them.
- 36:30 - The Master has the book "Missing Pieces" on his table.
- 39:50 - When the "Super Secret Agent" contest begins, the background music becomes a harpsichord-tinged piece reminiscent of "High Wire", Edwin Astley's "Dangerman" theme.
- 41:00-47:30 - Steed's tasks in the 'Super Secret Agent' Game:
- 41:08 - You encounter fiendish Japanese wrestler - but he's not very Japanese! - reward of a key, attached to the wrestler's earring
- 41:58 - You must disconnect time bomb - reward of the gun
- 43:18 - You room is sealed with booby traps - the chamber in which Steed collects the gun seals and he has to choose which of the six doors is safe to go through - reward of magazine for gun.
- 44:16 - You must penetrate dark tunnel - at 44:40 Steed's hat is cut in two by a descending sheet of metal - reward of ammunition for the gun, only one bullet of which is live.
- 45:00 - You are confronted with six thugs - Bristow adds "six assailants at six second intervals".
- 45:00-47:30 - Paul Weston and Cyd Child stand-in for the fight as Steed and Tara.
- 45:20 - there's a hair stuck to the screen near bottom centre as Steed dispatches the thug with six dots on his jersey.
- Running time: 49'24"
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face