5%
No votes
5%
No votes

Total votes: 19

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:What do you guys think of Hendry in the surviving Police Surgeon episode? Of course he doesn't have a partner to have chemistry with, it being only a half-hour show he didn't need a co-star to lighten the load, but he does have an interaction with actor Michael Crawford as the young tearaway, in a sort of fatherly/avuncular style.
myself, simply not a big fan of his acting chops. Even in the gerry Anderson sci-fi epic from 1969, Journey to far side of the sun ,( U.S. Title) there was problems with Ian's acting and Anderson wrote about the problems that His drinking caused the production...
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Frankymole wrote:It's a behind-the-scenes continuation of sorts since it was designed to keep Ian Hendry on the payroll when Police Surgeon was axed. It has most of the same production team and originally Keel was called Dr Brent then Dr Dent in the scripts... but for legal reasons they could never have had him be the same character.
That makes sense now. Given that no one had seen those episodes for more than 20 years by that time, I can see how the rumour arose.

Regarding Tunnel of Fear, having watched it a number of times I'd say it's my favourite season one episode (out of those that survive, of course). Patrick and Ian have really settled into their roles and overall it was great fun.
Old account paulpdjh
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: myself, simply not a big fan of his acting chops. Even in the gerry Anderson sci-fi epic from 1969, Journey to far side of the sun ,( U.S. Title) there was problems with Ian's acting and Anderson wrote about the problems that His drinking caused the production...
Amusingly though the director said Ian being drunk actually helped the scene where he had to stumble down the rocks after his crash!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

Boy was I impressed by the ample girls at the funfair in this episode! 1961 and they were pretty sexy especially the brunette with her hands on her hips!
I'm not sure what I thought of Doctor Keel to be honest? His scene with Philip Locke in The Frighteners was an odd one where Keel tells Locke not to move his head or he'll break his neck and then says go on then, move it! I did like Keel's surgery and his two or three rooms with back door. Ingrid Hafner sadly never turned up in an avengers episode as another character, was there any reason for that like Ian Hendry came back in a New Avengers episode as Irwin Gunner and not Keel which I thought was a lost chance to visit the past!
JB
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Ingrid was in a heck of a lot of stuff... I do remember seeing her in Robin of Sherwood.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0353161/
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

It may be a typo but on the synopsis page https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avenge ... -fear.html it says "some goys scare Puppy". What scared her?
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Oy vey!!

Sorry about that, a couple of boys run past and spook the dog, who runs off. I'll update it ASAP.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Children love the ghost train scene and it was filmed very well. "Now , now who's next for the ghost train? Step this way Ladies and Gentlemen. Take your seats for the tunnel of fear!" and then we see a carriage with only an umbrella :shock:
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Possible type in the cast list notes at https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avenge ... html#other

"The TV Times listed actors in order of appearance and left out some minor rôles, wheras the end credits of the episode list them in order of importance. The cast section shows the episode credit order, but the TV Times had the following:
Mrs Black Doris Rogers
Madame Zenobia Doris Rogers"

i.e. it lists Doris Rogers twice, under two different roles. Did the TV Times actually do this or is it just an accidental copying error?"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Yes, it's a copying error. I've corrected it already but not uploaded the correction yet. The TV Times did list the wrong name though, they listed Nancy Roberts playing Madame Zenobia.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.