Hollywood Squares & The Avengers

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
unclefester
Little Wonder

Hollywood Squares & The Avengers

Post by unclefester »

Diana Rigg appeared on the U.S. game show Hollywood Squares in 1967 with Patrick and again in 1973. Her '73 appearance coincided with the launch of her new American tv show. All that in the history books.

Not as well known perhaps was the reaction to Dame Diana by long time Hollywood Squares host Peter Marshall. He called Diana Rigg the sexiest woman to ever appear on the program. He said while nothing happened between them he would have been delighted if something would have taken place.

I've read the excerpt that Mr. Marshall wrote on Diana. He says one day she showed up to the studio wearing a t shirt with the words "TITS" written across the front. Most likely bra less too. He was smitten with her looks & her personality.

Weren't we all?
Last edited by dissolute on Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo/grammar correction
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Hollywood Squares & The Avengers

Post by Frankymole »

unclefester wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:21 pm Not as well known perhaps was the reaction to Dame Diana by long time Hollywood Squares host Peter Marshall. He called Diana Rigg the sexiest woman to ever appear on the program. He said while nothing happened between them he would have been delighted if something would have taken place.
I think that feeling applies to nearly every man on the planet.
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

This is funny because I’ve been binge watching The Hollywood Squares on YouTube. I hope her appearances show up.
unclefester
Little Wonder

Post by unclefester »

MRotten wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:48 am This is funny because I’ve been binge watching The Hollywood Squares on YouTube. I hope her appearances show up.
I share your hope but after all this time it would appear they simply don't exist.
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

You’d think there at least would be a photo or two….?!
unclefester
Little Wonder

Post by unclefester »

MRotten wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:30 pm You’d think there at least would be a photo or two….?!
There's always hope!

I've included a partial cover of the U.S. based TV Guide magazine with Dame Diana on the cover. It was published second week of October 1973.

It was September of '73 that Diana's new show premiered & likely around the very same time she taped her Hollywood Squares appearances. Hollywood Squares was taped on weekends.
Attachments
FHiY6-1599754064-embed-rigg_tvguide (4).jpg
FHiY6-1599754064-embed-rigg_tvguide (4).jpg (162.99 KiB) Viewed 762 times
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The only one I see listed in the guides is this:

November 13-17, 1967 Monty Hall, Patrick (Macnee) & Diana (Rigg), Charley Weaver, Agnes Moorehead, Wally Cox, Eartha Kitt, Jan Murray, Marty Allen & Steve Rossi.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
unclefester
Little Wonder

Post by unclefester »

dissolute wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:14 am The only one I see listed in the guides is this:

November 13-17, 1967 Monty Hall, Patrick (Macnee) & Diana (Rigg), Charley Weaver, Agnes Moorehead, Wally Cox, Eartha Kitt, Jan Murray, Marty Allen & Steve Rossi.
Thank you for posting that

hmmm...

If admin wishes to delete this post I'm certainly o.k. with that

I will in the meantime pursue further information on her now "possible" 1973 appearance - which may take a bit of time - but I'm on it.

As soon as I can clarify I will return to this thread - if it remains up - and report back.

I will not leave the matter unresolved

Thanks
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

unclefester wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:21 pm Diana Rigg appeared on the U.S. game show Hollywood Squares in 1967 with Patrick and again in 1973. Her '73 appearance coincided with the launch of her new American tv show. All that in the history books.

Not as well known perhaps was the reaction to Dame Diana by long time Hollywood Squares host Peter Marshall. He called Diana Rigg the sexiest woman to ever appear on the program. He said while nothing happened between them he would have been delighted if something would have taken place.

I've read the excerpt that Mr. Marshall wrote on Diana. He says one day she showed up to the studio wearing a t shirt with the words "TITS" written across the front. Most likely bra less too. He was smitten with her looks & her personality.

Weren't we all?
It sounds like Rigg’s sense of humor.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

unclefester wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:24 pm If admin wishes to delete this post I'm certainly o.k. with that
I will in the meantime pursue further information on her now "possible" 1973 appearance - which may take a bit of time - but I'm on it.
I'll keep it here, guides can be incomplete, and I did notice several comments about some stars being replaced. It would make sense if it's on the same network for her to appear as a plug for the new show.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.