Original script

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Original script

Post by cyberrich »

As much as I would have loved to have this original script of The See-through man, I couldn't compete with the bidders on ebay. It had a starting price of £295 and went for £820. Some Avengers fans are either very wealthy or overly keen.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Original script

Post by mousemeat »

ditto....do I want this...oh yeah...do I need it ? no...... andit is a tad on the pricey side...are avengers fans, rich ? probably not.

I would agree more ' keen '....anyhow, congrats are in order..to the lucky person, who scored
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Ooh, I'd love to see that, I only have the dialogue sheets pdf for that episode.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Did they say if it was a shooting script or an earlier version?
Last watched: "Mandrake"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

It says shooting script. There's a handwritten note in the top corner. Episode 31 must mean Diana's 31st episode. I can't make out what is written above this. I would love an original Avengers item like this :!:
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Are they the only pictures of the script?

It says "Julian Wintle" at the top, must have been the producer's copy of the script.
Episode 31 is correct as it was E.66.6.5 in the paperwork, and there had been 26 episodes in series 4 (designated E.64.10.1-26)
Episodes were numbered from the start of the film series by Telemen so didn't count any of series 1-3.

The designations are when they first started production preparation for the series, so series 4 started in October 1964 with filming start on 29th October. Series 5 started in June 1966 according to the designation but as far as I know it wasn't until October 1966 that any filming took place.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

dissolute wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:26 pm Are they the only pictures of the script?

It says "Julian Wintle" at the top, must have been the producer's copy of the script.
Episode 31 is correct as it was E.66.6.5 in the paperwork, and there had been 26 episodes in series 4 (designated E.64.10.1-26)
Episodes were numbered from the start of the film series by Telemen so didn't count any of series 1-3.

The designations are when they first started production preparation for the series, so series 4 started in October 1964 with filming start on 29th October. Series 5 started in June 1966 according to the designation but as far as I know it wasn't until October 1966 that any filming took place.
Ah! No! These codes! The designation isn't entirely a date code. They're project codes within a year and they all relate to 'E' for Elstree Studios (i.e. ABPC). The next two digits - '64' or '66' - is the year in which the project/series starts production; the Tara King episodes have the root code 'E.67.9' which is apparently the ninth project commenced at Elstree in 1967. The second series of "The Third Man" had the root code 'E.62.3' - the third project started in 1962 (i.e. March 1962). "The Saint" was 'E.62.7' (starting May/Jun 1962), "Espionage" was 'E.62.11' (pilot shooting November 1962), "Gideon's Way" was 'E.64.6', etc.

At a guess looking at what was in studio, I'd guess 'E.62.4' was "The Punch and Judy Man", 'E.62.5' was "We Joined the Navy" and 'E.62.6' was "Summer Holiday". As I say, guesses, but that seems to be what the codes refer to...

Hope that makes sense.

Andrew
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Ah, thank you, that's very helpful!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

dissolute wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:14 am Ah, thank you, that's very helpful!
Happy to help. Took me a while to fathom it out...

All the best

Andrew
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

There are a couple of other photos. Image