Back to the Future

Important announcements about the forum - mostly the Christmas contests.
dissolute
The Ministry

Back to the Future

Post by dissolute »

Welcome to our new forum, now on lovely, shiny, phpBB3!
I cleaned up the user lists, resulting in 1251 true believers instead of 7510 "registered users" - most of whom were spam bots.

Your login credentials from the old forum will work but if you have any problems, email board {{at}} dissolute.com.au
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Back to the Future

Post by Frankymole »

"Like" thumbs up :) I wonder how to like posts or see which ones I haven't read yet. I am sure I will figure it out. You've done a brilliant job porting things over. I am glad we have a much more stable platform now! The old forum gave me a few scares with its erratic availability.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

Frankymole wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:59 am "Like" thumbs up :) I wonder how to like posts or see which ones I haven't read yet. I am sure I will figure it out.
I've used the unread posts option under Quick links.

Thanks dissolute for porting, very smoothly done.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Many thanks for sorting all this... long may everyone enjoy the fun here! :)

All the best

Andrew
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

There is still the old link at the top right of this all-important site: https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/

When this new forum loaded just now, I'm convinced the banner picture flashed up for a second, but then it turned into a standard view, like this (below). I had a look in settings but could not see what to change, is this meant to happen (e.g. visuals that haven't been published yet)?

Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Roaring applause for Piers.
I'm quite impressed that it was technically feasible to keep the old forums content.

In the long run I think that the more the forum is under own control and less relies on external sites the better it will probably be. So good job.

The different lay out will take a bit of getting used to, but that's the case with any website.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Frankymole wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:39 am There is still the old link at the top right of this all-important site: https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/

When this new forum loaded just now, I'm convinced the banner picture flashed up for a second, but then it turned into a standard view, like this (below). I had a look in settings but could not see what to change, is this meant to happen (e.g. visuals that haven't been published yet)?

Thanks, I've fixed that link.

I've edited two styles called we_universal and we_clearblue which use a banner, but you visited before I set we_universal as the default, so it's switching to the "prosilver" style for you; you can change it in your profile.
Under your name at the top right, choose user control panel, then under board preferences you can change the style.
Definitely a work in progress, but I'm pleased to see mobile-friendly styles.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Thanks, I've got the banner now I've set it to that we_universal. Looks good! I don't need things to be exactly the same, I just don't want to miss nice pictures like the banners :)

I haven't used it on mobile yet, but I've used your series guide site on my phone a lot in the past day or two, since I've been busy converting Series 1 reconstructions for that, so I can listen to the Big Finish episodes and watch the recons. Being able to look up the synopses and cast photos has been really helpful especially in the early episodes with no Tele-Snaps or Canal+ recons.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Frankymole wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:49 pm Thanks, I've got the banner now I've set it to that we_universal. Looks good!
Ah ! I was wondering what had happened to the banner. Thanks for the tip :D It's all so exciting. I'm so glad this forum is here, I absolutely loathe those Facebook style fan pages.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Avengerholic wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:26 pm Ah ! I was wondering what had happened to the banner. Thanks for the tip :D It's all so exciting. I'm so glad this forum is here, I absolutely loathe those Facebook style fan pages.
Facebook and Twitter (and Reddit, and the rest of them...) are rubbish in many ways, and not being able to find threads, or revisit something you know you read once, and need to find again, but can't... they're supposed to be "social" media but feel so impersonal.