Forum banner 2021

Important announcements about the forum - mostly the Christmas contests.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:It's amazing, isn't it, that 1961 had a heavily Asian cast for this episode but in 1977 you have Terry Wood as Soo Choy - and Ronald Lacey as Hong Kong Harry in 1976! (Although neither are as bad as the yellowface guards in Room Without a View).

the era between 60's and 70's, were difficult in terms of casting..and being what was considered to be PC at the time
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

As series 1 is taking a few months' holiday, I've swapped in a banner from the Thames photoshoot with Linda and Patrick.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:As series 1 is taking a few months' holiday, I've swapped in a banner from the Thames photoshoot with Linda and Patrick.
nice...i like this....always like to see some Tara graphics..
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

dissolute wrote:As series 1 is taking a few months' holiday, I've swapped in a banner from the Thames photoshoot with Linda and Patrick.
It looks great. I've always been fascinated by what might have happened during the gap between The Avengers and The New Avengers. In retrospect it's a shame Linda didn't appear as a guest star in a TNA episode. Seeing Tara in action with Steed, Gambit and Purdey would have been fun.
Old account paulpdjh
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

paulh wrote:
It looks great. I've always been fascinated by what might have happened during the gap between The Avengers and The New Avengers. In retrospect it's a shame Linda didn't appear as a guest star in a TNA episode. Seeing Tara in action with Steed, Gambit and Purdey would have been fun.
Glad to hear that....I always wanted the series to run another season, or two...before shutting down...and having Tara appearing in a episode with Steed, etc..would have been too cool...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

The TV Comic adventures carried on into the early 1970s, probably helped in staying popular due to repeats on television. Andrew Pixley's The Avengers Files covers these as if they're a continuation of the final season on TV, before moving on to The New Avengers; I suspect that Big Finish may make them all as audio dramatisations, as they have done with earlier Emma Peel and Tara King comics. So we get a little closer to TNA.

There are some TNA unmade episodes' scripts published (e.g. by Rodney Marshall) so perhaps these will also get made one day. I wonder who they would cast as Gambit and Purdey?
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:The TV Comic adventures carried on into the early 1970s, probably helped in staying popular due to repeats on television. Andrew Pixley's The Avengers Files covers these as if they're a continuation of the final season on TV, before moving on to The New Avengers; I suspect that Big Finish may make them all as audio dramatisations, as they have done with earlier Emma Peel and Tara King comics. So we get a little closer to TNA.

There are some TNA unmade episodes' scripts published (e.g. by Rodney Marshall) so perhaps these will also get made one day. I wonder who they would cast as Gambit and Purdey?
well Big Finish has done a exceptional job with these episodes ..and it's only a matter of time, until they attempt to DO some new avengers scripts
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I had people question my love for b/w television, but I'll admit: I like seeing a bit of colour in the banner.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

That's a great photo and reminds me of when we went down to London for a few days. There were so many places to discover and we were tracking down pictures from an old book entitled 'London Lives On'. Also visited Chalcot Terrace and a 1960's exhibition including The Avengers in Tower Bridge! Linda and Patrick are on the south bank just upstream from London Bridge.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Are they on a moored boat/ship there?
Last watched: "Mandrake"