Dave Rogers.

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
steveothen
White Dwarf

Dave Rogers.

Post by steveothen »

How many books on the Avengers has Dave Rogers written ?.
If anyone could list list them here i'd be very grateful.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Dave Rogers' books:

The Avengers (1983) Boxtree // ITV Books/Michael Joseph
The Avengers Anew (1985) Michael Joseph
The Complete Avengers (1989) St. Martin's Press (US)
The Ultimate Avengers (1995) Boxtree

He also produced the Stay Tuned and On Target fanzines and co-wrote The Weather Merchants (1989) with Geoff Barlow
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Just to add to that list:

The Complete Avengers was also published in the UK by Boxtree with I think a different cover to the US version

The Avengers and Me (1997) (credited as Patrick Macnee with Dave Rogers), Titan Books

The Avengers the making of the movie (1998) Titan Books

Too Many Targets (1990) (credited as a novel by John Peel and Dave Rogers) St Martin's Press
Old account paulpdjh
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Were any of Dave's books available as hardback versions? I only have the softcovers and wasn't sure if they were made like this on the original print run.
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

Post by James C McFetridge »

Big Bear wrote:Were any of Dave's books available as hardback versions? I only have the softcovers and wasn't sure if they were made like this on the original print run.
Looking at my bookshelves, the only Dave Rogers book I can see in hardback was The Inside Story (the re-print of The Avengers and Me) that he co-wrote with Patrick Macnee. I'm fairly certain that all of Rogers' guide books - both UK or US editions edition - were only released in paperback.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Hi Prisoner, Supermarionation, Rock'n' Roll and "The ITV Encyclopedia of Adventure" were all released in hardbacks as well, never seen a paperback of any of his Avengers titles apart from "The Inside Story".
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

dissolute wrote:Hi Prisoner, Supermarionation, Rock'n' Roll and "The ITV Encyclopedia of Adventure" were all released in hardbacks as well, never seen a paperback of any of his Avengers titles apart from "The Inside Story".
Yes, I was referring only to Rogers' Avengers books.

I have the "ITV Encyclopedia of Adventure" in hardback, and the "Supermarionation" compilation hardback which includes his Stingray book. I never knew his "Prisoner and Dangerman" book had a hardback release. Was this a US-only edition?
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Thanks for the info, good to know I'm not searching for hardback editions! :)
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Don't know if it's US only for the Prisoner book - perhaps so as there's no mention of Dangerman ... perhaps an early edition with just The Prisoner? It's on abebooks.co.uk if you filter books by his name for hardback only (and ignore the irrelevant results).
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

dissolute wrote:Don't know if it's US only for the Prisoner book - perhaps so as there's no mention of Dangerman ... perhaps an early edition with just The Prisoner? It's on abebooks.co.uk if you filter books by his name for hardback only (and ignore the irrelevant results).
Thanks for the info. I've just had a look, and it seems that it's a US Barnes and Noble exclusive reprint, but of only the Prisoner parts of the original book (so half the number of pages). The original UK edition was called "The Prisoner & Dangerman", whilst the US HB is just called "The Prisoner", with a gap on the cover where the words "& Dangerman" used to be! I'll have to pick up a copy now...