Steed and Mrs. Peel meet... BATMAN! New comic announced!

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Brisco
Nutshell

Steed and Mrs. Peel meet... BATMAN! New comic announced!

Post by Brisco »

Wow! The coolest announcement ever just came on the last day of Comic-Con. DC will publish a crossover between the Avengers and the Adam West TV version of Batman, BATMAN '66/STEED AND MRS. PEEL.

http://doubleosection.blogspot.com/2015 ... omics.html
Go beyond The Avengers! Visit my spy blog, The Double O Section.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I thought they already showed that and it was called "The Winged Avenger" :D
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Brisco
Nutshell

Post by Brisco »

I bet the comic will tie in the The Winged Avenger--assuming they get someone who knows The Avengers to write it.
Go beyond The Avengers! Visit my spy blog, The Double O Section.
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

I forgot this came out

I came across them at my local comic book shop

It's a mixed result. 6 part mini-series

Best part is the cover art that manages to meld the fun of the 2 different worlds. The artist gets both series

the actual comic is another matter. The story overall is adequate. The writer clearly has the tone and feel of the batman tv characters down very well. However he doesn't have a good grasp on Steed and Mrs Peel.

He's not able to reproduce their chemistry, their wit or their banter. Batman and Robin dominate the story a little too much. We don't get to see the strengths of our British agents as much as they ought to. The writer conveniently forgets that Emma is a trained scientist

not horrid just a little disappointing
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The only thing good about this it it will play with peoples' minds that DC now have The Avengers as well.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

I really enjoyed this series! Overall, the art work was pretty decent, (Steed did not look 80 years old as other comics have made him look), the storyline was not bad--who doesn't like Cybernauts?--the energy was fun.

I was also delighted that someone thought to combine The Avengers with Batman and Robin. It keeps the memory of the Avengers alive.

frank wrote:I forgot this came out

I came across them at my local comic book shop

It's a mixed result. 6 part mini-series

Best part is the cover art that manages to meld the fun of the 2 different worlds. The artist gets both series

the actual comic is another matter. The story overall is adequate. The writer clearly has the tone and feel of the batman tv characters down very well. However he doesn't have a good grasp on Steed and Mrs Peel.

He's not able to reproduce their chemistry, their wit or their banter. Batman and Robin dominate the story a little too much. We don't get to see the strengths of our British agents as much as they ought to. The writer conveniently forgets that Emma is a trained scientist

not horrid just a little disappointing
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
mrspeel01
Thingumajig

new hardback

Post by mrspeel01 »

A new omnibus hardback version of this is now out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Meets-J ... +hardcover

However it's worth looking around, such as on ebay, as i managed to get s new sealed copy for much less!
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: new hardback

Post by Mona »

mrspeel01 wrote:A new omnibus hardback version of this is now out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Meets-J ... +hardcover

However it's worth looking around, such as on ebay, as i managed to get s new sealed copy for much less!
Thanks for the alert! On the US Amazon it's only $13.50 (10 pounds-ish) and it was $20.50 at ebay, so US Amazon is cheaper.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
mrspeel01
Thingumajig

Post by mrspeel01 »

Thanks. i nearly put the link for Amazon US on there as well. But just put amazon UK-really just to let people know it was out. i actually got it for £10 from ebay UK which is approx. same as Amazon US. For those in other countries the price will, of course, vary too. Always worth searching around for best price, wherever you are!
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

I bought the first of these when it was published but didn't seek out the others.

However I was browsing the shelves in Forbidden Planet this afternoon and discovered it is now available complete as a hardback.

The price of 23 GBP was too rich for me I'm afraid although I see it can be had cheaper from online sellers.

~iw