Series 4 Blu-ray UK/German release (February 2015)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Ian Wegg wrote:
dissolute wrote:I've started reillustrating my website with captures from the blurays - three episodes so far, all new cast photos and feature images. Feature images for the episodes now number 8 instead of 6, and the large res is bluray resolution, with the side letter boxing removed (1440x1080 or so).
Just out of interest how are you getting the captures?

My discs play with no problems in a Panasonic player but they won't load at all under Windows 10 (although other Blu-rays are fine).

~iw
I use Potplayer to play and capture https://potplayer.daum.net/
It's freeware and lets me capture Bluray easily, even if the keyboard shortcut is terrible.

VLC can play them when I run AnyDVD but won't capture.

I'm using AnyDVD HD to enable bluray playback on my PC in the first place. The downside of that is I lose the menus and just have to choose a title and hope I've got the right one.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

dissolute wrote: I use Potplayer to play and capture https://potplayer.daum.net/
It's freeware and lets me capture Bluray easily, even if the keyboard shortcut is terrible.

VLC can play them when I run AnyDVD but won't capture.

I'm using AnyDVD HD to enable bluray playback on my PC in the first place. The downside of that is I lose the menus and just have to choose a title and hope I've got the right one.
Thanks for the information dissolute, I shall take a look at that software. I had naively thought that buying a Blu-ray player was all I needed to do, I hadn't fully appreciated how much was required to get Windows to play the discs. I'm grateful that you have gone to this effort for your website.

All the best,
~iw
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Ian - I use software from Aiseesoft which is a breeze to use and produces good results:

It's not free but it's currently available for $18:

http://www.aiseesoft.com/special/softwa ... gn=product
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

I have watched all episodes from the 4th series except for The House that Jack Built. Last night while watching the What the Butler Saw I noticed a approx. 10 decibel drop in volume starting at 24:15 and the level goes back to normal damn near a minute later at 25:14. Can anyone else confirm this? Almost always this is a QC issue and every manufactured disc has the same problem.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

The Blu-ray edition does not have a flawless version. On SILENT DUST : A thin white vertical line is visible when the Minister's car is parked at Manderley (left of the picture), when Steed talks with Sir Manfred Fellows (and pronounces 'Silent Dust'), when Steed is caught in the trap (left side of the picture, bowler hat), and most importantly, for about 15 seconds, at the end of the Steed / Omrod interview and then when the four associates discuss their plan. The epilogue is also somewhat damaged.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Two points : First, the French and the British-German Blu-ray versions are not the same. On The 13th Hole, there is still one sentence missing on the French one when Jackson says: "‘Then, he won't bother you again’."
Secondly, unfortunately, The Danger Makers have a grainy picture on both versions, but some sound problem on the French version in English is not present on the British version.
Steed3003
Nutshell

Post by Steed3003 »

For Blu Ray Season 4 for France, does anyone know which episodes and which scenes don't have French dubbing and automatically switch to original audio with subtitles?
angel
White Dwarf

Post by angel »

denis rigg wrote:Image

Studiocanal has announced new release date of first German Blu-ray edition of The Avengers Season 4 - 19 February 2015.

Discs: 7

Picture: 1.33: 1 1080 / 24p Full HD

Audio: German: PCM Audio English: PCM Audio

Subtitles: English for the hearing impaired

Bonus material:

Audio Commentaries
Entries with Oliver Kalkofe and Wolfgang Bahro
Interviews,
Short film Das Diadem
Alternative open and close titles
"Armchair Theatre - The Hothouse" with Diana Rigg
Chessboard Sequence
Patrick Macnee's wedding
Colorized scenes
Reconstructions
Backstage
Picture Galleries
Trailer
Does the following German version on DVD contain the same bonus material as described above ? :

https://www.amazon.de/Mit-Schirm-Charme ... rme+melone

Does it have English subtitles ?
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mariocki wrote:Ian - I use software from Aiseesoft which is a breeze to use and produces good results:

These are lovely. I've always liked Robert James!
Last watched: "Mandrake"