Series 4 Blu-ray UK/German release (February 2015)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

Well I received my copy from amazon uk today and it looks like an incredibly nice set; with just one small problem. WTF is wrong with distributers in the UK using such shoddy packaging. It came wrapped in a piece of cardboard with an extremely flimsy thin sub layer of cardboard that provides no structural support for the packaging of the disc. I have creases top and bottom on the slipcover and a crease down the side of the main digipack disc holder. Any weight that is put on this type of packaging goes directly to damaging the bluray boxset.

I recently had a similar situation with my Persuaders set from Network complete with entire rips through the top and bottom of the slipcase and creases galore throughout the set.

In the US nothing is packaged this cheaply and everything is sent in a box typically with padding of some kind to protect the contents. Sending something from overseas, this type of packaging is nothing short of ridiculous! I figured amazon UK would box it as they do in the U.S.

OK my fellow UK residents, how many items do you have to purchase to make sure the contents are shipped in a box? I keep thinking if I would have ordered a few more items at the same time it wouldn't have been shipped so shoddily.
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

I'm going to order the German version soon. I hope they package it well.

Brad
John Johnson
Nutshell

Post by John Johnson »

That's one of my pet peeves with these releases. I did bring this up with Network on their FB page after the disappointing packaging for The Professionals - MK.I. I was told they had no plans to alter them.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

OK, I've just purchased the new UK blu ray set. Two questions; since I haven't purchased a blu ray player yet, and I reside in the USA, do I need a certain kind of player to play it? Next question: what extras, if any, are exclusive to this blu ray release?
wibblewobble
Nutshell

Post by wibblewobble »

MRotten wrote:OK, I've just purchased the new UK blu ray set. Two questions; since I haven't purchased a blu ray player yet, and I reside in the USA, do I need a certain kind of player to play it? Next question: what extras, if any, are exclusive to this blu ray release?
You'll need a region free blu-ray player. There are lots of them on the market. Here's an arbitrary one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GSZ5ISK
John Johnson
Nutshell

Post by John Johnson »

You could try this company. This where I got my blu-ray player from.

http://www.bombayelectronics.com/All_Mu ... aQodJxAA1g
Last edited by John Johnson on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

My goodness! That's like a publicity still.
My wife is going to kill me...
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
The Workaholic
Nutshell

Post by The Workaholic »

Release date German Series 5 Blu Ray June 18, 2015

http://www.amazon.de/Mit-Schirm-Charme- ... und+melone
modrevolve
Nutshell

Post by modrevolve »

peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by peabody »

Good grief... I put in a pre-order... I wonder if I'm going to regret this, but I doubt it'll be much cheaper than £49. Studio Canal releases are never on sale for some reason.