Series 4 Blu-ray UK/German release (February 2015)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

It would be interesting to check the run times against the original scripts and see if the feet and frames of film listed there match the episode duration (minus ~ 25 sec. for the bumpers).

That would tell us if the've used native 24fps soft telecine or if they're using 2:2 pulldown or Euro pulldown 24@25.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

I must say I would love to see some screenshot comparisons with the bluray compared to the dvd.
Mark A
White Dwarf

Post by Mark A »

Did other people who have the S4 Blu-ray set have an insert listing where the extras were? I didn't have one and it's a bit irritating as their placement sometimes seems random at best (eg, the reconstructions are on two random discs). I just wondered if mine was missing one.
peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by peabody »

My copy arrived today and it's a thing of beauty. No insert, though.
ikbtops
Little Wonder

Post by ikbtops »

I received mine as well. No insert, but it looks and sounds amazing. Audio pitch is perfect and I can't wait for the following seasons!
Catweazle
Nutshell

Post by Catweazle »

The german box-set contains a little booklet where all episodes and bonuses are listed per disc.
DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

Have to say I'm very happy with the quality. Also the packaging is an improvement over the dvds. I don't think I have a single dvd set that didn't arrive with multiple broken cases.
Mark A
White Dwarf

Post by Mark A »

Thanks for the responses. I like the packaging too - very nice matte box, and the quality of the episodes looks great to me although I've only watched bits and pieces.
DerekD
Little Wonder

Post by DerekD »

Whilst I thought the dvd picture quality was pretty good it's quite stunning how much more detail is visible on the bluray. Every blemish on every face! And quite how much makeup Diana Rigg is wearing
😈
modrevolve
Nutshell

Post by modrevolve »

My set has arrived to the States. Just popped in the first disc and the transfer does look quite striking. So glad I held off for a blu-Ray release.