No votes
No votes
No votes
5%

Total votes: 21

Lee
Little Wonder

Post by Lee »

johnnybear wrote:Did you notice the flash, only if you have the Emma Peel set of course?
JB
Sorry - I was watching the series 1&2 Optimum sets. Didn't notice anything like that....
You really must have a word with that cleaning lady....
johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

That's okay this was on the AE 17th disc! Network also have lots of these flashes on their discs! Does it prove what an amateur operation they are considering how they let these clunkers through without checking their produce?
JB
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

johnnybear wrote:That's okay this was on the AE 17th disc! Network also have lots of these flashes on their discs! Does it prove what an amateur operation they are considering how they let these clunkers through without checking their produce?
JB

well, the initial A & E dvd release, was basically the VHS versions, converted to DVD..little-or-no editing, etc...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

There are a lot of flashes and distortions on the original master tapes as the process of playing in FX or film inserts created distortion. Some of the early DVD releases cut these 'bad' bits out completely, resulting in shorter episode durations.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, there are a few errors on the original 1960s telerecordings producing "artefacts" like wobbly picture and sound after cuts or ad breaks. I'd rather have these in (especially as sometimes there are spoken lines during them) than cut out like the Contender/Kult TV releases. Optimum/Canal+ did a good job overall though I know some of the later filmed episodes still have minor issues like tops and tails of some scenes in the monochrome Peels being missing.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Yes, there are a few errors on the original 1960s telerecordings producing "artefacts" like wobbly picture and sound after cuts or ad breaks. I'd rather have these in (especially as sometimes there are spoken lines during them) than cut out like the Contender/Kult TV releases. Optimum/Canal+ did a good job overall though I know some of the later filmed episodes still have minor issues like tops and tails of some scenes in the monochrome Peels being missing.

I would concur...it all boils down to the source material, what kind of shape, how it was used/transfered etc...
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

New reaction video from Medusa Cascade. First time watching.

https://youtu.be/Yzot2_7iy3s
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I had a feeling she'd get to the Avengers once I saw that she'd started on The Prisoner.

She's been enjoying the Keel episodes.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

darren wrote:I had a feeling she'd get to the Avengers once I saw that she'd started on The Prisoner.

and that's not such a bad thing, eh ?
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

darren wrote:I had a feeling she'd get to the Avengers once I saw that she'd started on The Prisoner.

Yes, but there was a year's gap between Medusa's viewings of Hot Snow and Girl on the Trapeze!! Someone sent her Tunnel of Fear, and she's now done The Frighteners, so hopefully she will keep the pace up.

Yes indeed she enjoyed them, and she is not averse to Big Finish so quite likely to try those out. I'm glad someone enjoys the Keels because they are a lot of fun, and however creaky the production is to modern eyes, the actors are very good. (It will also prepare her for the, albeit slightly slicker, seasons 2 and 3).

Tunnel of Fear is especially inventive and Anthony Bate gives the kind of realistic, honest performance that doesn't date. Hugely underrated actor. I hope she likes that one.