No votes
7%
7%

Total votes: 28

Allard
The Ministry

Re: A Few Questions About EPIC

Post by Allard »

Interesting question, maybe just the way Macnee did it.
The middle finger is indeed the longest, but it also obscured by the other digits, but would a director or cameraman go this far in directing the details?
J.Mac3
Little Wonder

Post by J.Mac3 »

Allard wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:05 pm Interesting question, maybe just the way Macnee did it.
The middle finger is indeed the longest, but it also obscured by the other digits, but would a director or cameraman go this far in directing the details?
Macnee uses his middle finger in other eps. In the Forget-Me-Knot, after Shawn Mortimer is seated and Mrs Peel is pouring him a drink, Steed steps toward Mrs. Peel. While he does, he rubs his lower lip with his middle finger. It's noticeable enough that I used to think he was giving the finger to someone off camera. Looking at it more closely, I no longer believe that. But it jumped out to me. (It's at 5:27 on my versions).
unclefester
Little Wonder

Post by unclefester »

Reading the full synopsis of EPIC on this forum I noticed the authors suggest it was Kirby who sabotages Mrs. Peel's Lotus by lifting the hood and snipping some wires leaving her vehicle immobile.

Now in the preceding scene Z.Z. von Schnerk is shown wearing an off white checkered jacket with blue shirt and brown gloves. That's important because that's the very same outfit we see as the offenders arm reaches in to disable the Lotus.

So is it safe to say Z.Z. was also at the scene of the crime and that he in fact "forced" Emma to take Kirby's taxi? I think so! Do you agree it was Kirby, Syn AND von Schnerk at the scene of the crime?
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

unclefester wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:33 am Reading the full synopsis of EPIC on this forum I noticed the authors suggest it was Kirby who sabotages Mrs. Peel's Lotus by lifting the hood and snipping some wires leaving her vehicle immobile.

Now in the preceding scene Z.Z. von Schnerk is shown wearing an off white checkered jacket with blue shirt and brown gloves. That's important because that's the very same outfit we see as the offenders arm reaches in to disable the Lotus.

So is it safe to say Z.Z. was also at the scene of the crime and that he in fact "forced" Emma to take Kirby's taxi? I think so! Do you agree it was Kirby, Syn AND von Schnerk at the scene of the crime?
Yes indeed, wardrobe is important. I made a mistake in my synopsis which is now corrected, it is von Schnerk.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
unclefester
Little Wonder

An EPIC Point Of Clarification

Post by unclefester »

So is it true that the information contained below about Steed's reason for reaching up to the top of the door jam in the opening scene's of EPIC in not correct?

I have always thought - always - that he was looking for a "spare key" too

But others have said that there is no spare key but a hidden door latch

So is this guy full of beans?
AAAAAAAAAAAVENGERS11.jpeg
AAAAAAAAAAAVENGERS11.jpeg (148.64 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Last edited by unclefester on Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: An EPIC Point Of Clarification

Post by mousemeat »

yes, a very good inquiry...and I've thought he was searching for a key, as well...but then again ? shame Patrick isn't around...he might have answered that question..or many others, concerning certain episodes...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I always though there was a hidden latch up there as I'm sure they do the same thing with Steed's flat in Who's Who???
Where is that script vs screen from? We don't have a script for Epic, just the dialogue sheets.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
unclefester
Little Wonder

Post by unclefester »

dissolute wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:36 am I always though there was a hidden latch up there as I'm sure they do the same thing with Steed's flat in Who's Who???
Where is that script vs screen from? We don't have a script for Epic, just the dialogue sheets.
I can't recall exactly where I found it in my travels around the internet but I will make an effort to locate it again. I've had in on file for a few months now.

Hopefully be back soon with the info.

There is one other thing though that bothers me about what is written in the text

Anyone catch it?
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I'm 99% sure that in one of the Peel colours Steed opens Emma's door (might have been the other way round), by some switch on top of the door frame.

My guess this gimmick became regular and the time consuming hassle of a key was omitted.
unclefester
Little Wonder

There Is Something Vaguely Familiar About The Voice

Post by unclefester »

And of course the voice that Steed was talking about with Emma turned out to be that of hammy actor Stewart Kirby.

What I'd like to ask you all is if there is anything vaguely familiar with the image I've posted below? I don't believe I have ever seen it before. Kirby in front of the well known movie poster.

Does this image come from the EPIC episode itself? Perhaps a screen grab?? Or could it be a publicity still? Regardless it's new to me and I like it!

Your thoughts, help and attention to my query are most welcome!
Attachments
KKKKKKirby111.jpeg
KKKKKKirby111.jpeg (10.56 KiB) Viewed 322 times