The Dissolute Avengers website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: The Dissolute Avengers website

Post by Frankymole »

"It also drove Programme Controller for ABC, Brian Tesler, bonkers as he hated science fiction."

It drives me crazy too when Emma insists there are "areas of vegetation" on the moon!

She's supposed to be a scientist FFS.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Frankymole wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:05 pm "It also drove Programme Controller for ABC, Brian Tesler, bonkers as he hated science fiction."

It drives me crazy too when Emma insists there are "areas of vegetation" on the moon!

She's supposed to be a scientist FFS.
Agreed! And see the pain on her face when she delivers the line! Why wasn't it cut?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

April updates, I'm taking advantage of the ANZAC day holiday to post an update.
A fold in an eyelid, brushed with fear
13 April 2024
Two’s a Crowd is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information. An enjoyable comedic episode with the regulation over the top performance from Warren Mitchell and a great ensemble cast. It looks like Patrick Macnee wanted to get into Maria Machado's ensemble, he can't keep his eyes off her!

We found you hiding, we found you lying, choking on the dirt and sand
25 April 2024
Silent Dust is a quirky cautionary tale of environmental destruction and personal greed which also takes a dig at the evil of blood sports along the way. It's now revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information.

Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I never realised the Two's A Crowd script-writing was so turbulent. It does have an odd tone, as if caught between two different styles of plotting and presentation. Not as wacky as a series 5 story, or as flamboyant; but not as intense as the normal series 4 style. People usually blame Warren Mitchell or Brodny as a "sub par" character, too broad, etc, but I don't think it's his fault!
Last edited by Frankymole on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I have a new-found love for many of these episodes I'm revising, there's so many layers to them.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!