Dave Rogers.

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:Don't know if it's US only for the Prisoner book - perhaps so as there's no mention of Dangerman ... perhaps an early edition with just The Prisoner? It's on abebooks.co.uk if you filter books by his name for hardback only (and ignore the irrelevant results).

Thanks for the heads up...I'll have to hunt 'em down
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Does anyone know what happened to Dave Rogers? Is he still OK? Back in the 1980's he almost single-handedly kept The Avengers alive in the land of fandom. I've got all of his books, and The Ultimate Avengers is maybe the best one. His fanzine (On target/ Stay tuned) is also excellent. I've got every issue from 1983-1999. A shame Dave stopped doing it. Nothing has taken it's place.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

cyberrich wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Dave Rogers? Is he still OK? Back in the 1980's he almost single-handedly kept The Avengers alive in the land of fandom. I've got all of his books, and The Ultimate Avengers is maybe the best one. His fanzine (On target/ Stay tuned) is also excellent. I've got every issue from 1983-1999. A shame Dave stopped doing it. Nothing has taken it's place.
funny you should ask that question...as I was cleaning the shelfs of my library..and came across several of his Avengers books....AS everyone knows, he was one of the main sources for the Show, in the pre-to-early internet era..and has written several others books on star wars, the prisoner, and vintage guitars, etc...as far as I know, he's still alive..and no doubt, still writing..and many of his books are still in print....and available thru amazon, etc...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

cyberrich wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Dave Rogers? Is he still OK? Back in the 1980's he almost single-handedly kept The Avengers alive in the land of fandom. I've got all of his books, and The Ultimate Avengers is maybe the best one. His fanzine (On target/ Stay tuned) is also excellent. I've got every issue from 1983-1999. A shame Dave stopped doing it. Nothing has taken it's place.
I've got most of the issues of Stay Tuned/On Target, you're right, it's superb and lots of the information was new to me. Great nostalgia to read them now. Heady days when the show wasn't easy to see, and fans had to share all the facts and news we could on paper!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
I've got most of the issues of Stay Tuned/On Target, you're right, it's superb and lots of the information was new to me. Great nostalgia to read them now. Heady days when the show wasn't easy to see, and fans had to share all the facts and news we could on paper!
Franky, exactly...gosh, it was a real chore in the early days of the internet..when Netscape ruled the roost...and info was spotty.....and there was nothing like Google or Wiki....

and yeah, those zines...are prized items...even today, ...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Does anyone have contact with Dave Rogers? A researcher in Stoke wants to get in touch with him about that time he was a support act for The Beatles.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:Does anyone have contact with Dave Rogers? A researcher in Stoke wants to get in touch with him about that time he was a support act for The Beatles.
support act..like in musical guest ?
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Apparently he was a musician going by the name of Dean Rogers.
He was on the bill with quite a few famous artists including The Beatles, The Everly Brothers etc. But success in the music industry evaded him.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, I remember reading about that. I don't know how to contact him though. Possibly via Andrew Pixley, who may be contactable through Network or the Mausoleum Club? Could one of the Treasure Hunt people know - or Alan and Alys?
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:Apparently he was a musician going by the name of Dean Rogers.
He was on the bill with quite a few famous artists including The Beatles, The Everly Brothers etc. But success in the music industry evaded him.

amazing....hard to believe...but why not ? he was a talented bloke..