3 MORE AVENGERS AUDIO BOXED SETS FROM BIG FINISH

Discussion of Big Finish Avengers releases including The Lost Episodes and Steed and Mrs Peel.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

3 MORE AVENGERS AUDIO BOXED SETS FROM BIG FINISH

Post by Avengerholic »

3 more audio boxed sets featuring Emma and Tara released over the next three years from Big Finish.
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

That's excellent news! 😊 These ones are based on the stories that appeared in TV Comics.
Old account paulpdjh
mrspeel01
Thingumajig

Post by mrspeel01 »

I hope at some point that there will also be a Cathy Gale story or two as well. Beth Chalmers did an absolutely fantastic job as mrs Gale in "Too many targets" and I really want to hear more of her. Perhaps the Douglas Enefer novel and the newspaper strip stories could be used. After this, perhaps even an original story, as per the other ranges in the Big Finish line. Here's hoping!
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

mrspeel01 wrote:I hope at some point that there will also be a Cathy Gale story or two as well. Beth Chalmers did an absolutely fantastic job as mrs Gale in "Too many targets" and I really want to hear more of her. Perhaps the Douglas Enefer novel and the newspaper strip stories could be used. After this, perhaps even an original story, as per the other ranges in the Big Finish line. Here's hoping!
Beth Chalmers was excellent as Mrs Gale. Adaptations of the newspaper strips or the Enefer novel would be great. The latter is actually my favourite Avengers novel - I'm never quite sure if it's because of the story, the fact that it's one of the few printed stories with Mrs Gale or because it's the most expensive novel I ever bought (got into a bidding war on ebay)!
Old account paulpdjh
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I agree, Paul, the Enefer novel is easily the best, followed by Deadline & Dead Duck. The Garforths are pretty much rubbish with the occasional glimmer. Geoff Barlow's are better but he's a bit too much of an Emma fanboy. I should probably read the lot again to make a more measured judgement.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

dissolute wrote:I agree, Paul, the Enefer novel is easily the best, followed by Deadline & Dead Duck. The Garforths are pretty much rubbish with the occasional glimmer. Geoff Barlow's are better but he's a bit too much of an Emma fanboy. I should probably read the lot again to make a more measured judgement.
It has been along time since I read the novels too. I thought Dead Duck was great. Never was too sure about Deadline; it seemed to focus of alot on the workings of a 1960s newspaper office, but I may be misremembering! Agree about the Garforths, although some of them had Avengerish plots, others didn't and none of them really captured Steed and Mrs Peel. The Laumer and Daniels novels were better and had the occasional crazy plot - I recall a Tara one about a luxury transatlantic submarine!
Old account paulpdjh
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: 3 MORE AVENGERS AUDIO BOXED SETS FROM BIG FINISH

Post by denis rigg »

Front cover of coming third volume "The Avengers: The Comic Strip Adaptations".

Details of volume here:

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/th ... me-03-1958
Denis
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

denis rigg wrote:Front cover of coming third volume "The Avengers: The Comic Strip Adaptations".

Details of volume here:

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/th ... me-03-1958
Gosh what a horrible cover, that art doesn't look in the slightest bit Avengerish to me.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Avengerholic wrote:3 more audio boxed sets featuring Emma and Tara released over the next three years from Big Finish.
great graphics cover as well....
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

The Avengers: The Comic Strip Adaptations Volume 3 with Steed and Tara King is out now! :)

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-av ... -tara-king

Price: £30 for the CD box set or £25 on download.
Denis