Season 4: A creative idea

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Just imagine the magic you will weave with The New Avengers!
I think this four volume collection will form an important part of the show's history.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Rodders wrote:Just imagine the magic you will weave with The New Avengers!
I think this four volume collection will form an important part of the show's history.
I'm already trying to work out which episodes I'll do, as I know it'll take me an age. I keep trying to whittle the list down, but then I think of another angle for one of the others and it grows again. If I choose 13, is that too many? :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I think these books are a major new development for the show's place in popular culture. They're stimulating us all to think about episodes in new ways for the first time in years. They're wonderful projects, and I'm honoured to be able to participate in them.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I think these books are a major new development for the show's place in popular culture. They're stimulating us all to think about episodes in new ways for the first time in years. They're wonderful projects, and I'm honoured to be able to participate in them.
I wasn't sure what the response would be when I first threw the 'grenade' of the idea out into this forum. Hopefully, the fact that volume 1 is now a reality will stimulate interest among would-be writers to contribute to later volumes.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Please e-mail me any typos or factual errors and I will change them at the end of March. It involves taking the book offline for 48 hours. I've changed Frankymole's already.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Rodders wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I think these books are a major new development for the show's place in popular culture. They're stimulating us all to think about episodes in new ways for the first time in years. They're wonderful projects, and I'm honoured to be able to participate in them.
I wasn't sure what the response would be when I first threw the 'grenade' of the idea out into this forum. Hopefully, the fact that volume 1 is now a reality will stimulate interest among would-be writers to contribute to later volumes.
I'm sure it will. I'm very glad you took the plunge and put the idea out there, in spite of your reservations.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodders wrote:glad people liked my description of EP's 'cool warmth'. It seemed the perfect oxymoron to sum up her charmingly paradoxical character.
received my copy a reading delight ...and more
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

mrs_emma_peel wrote: There's an inevitable typo: text should read Hotel George Sanc not Sand.
Actually, THAT is a typo in the dialogue sheets. It's actually Hôtel George V (Hôtel George Cinq)

Didn't Steed stay there during TNA as well?

http://www.grandluxuryhotels.com/hotel/ ... vAodREwAvQ
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:
mrs_emma_peel wrote: There's an inevitable typo: text should read Hotel George Sanc not Sand.
Actually, THAT is a typo in the dialogue sheets. It's actually Hôtel George V (Hôtel George Cinq)

Didn't Steed stay there during TNA as well?

http://www.grandluxuryhotels.com/hotel/ ... vAodREwAvQ
sanc, not sand ?
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Just to confuse things there is a George Sand Hotel in Paris but only 3 star - Piers is correct it is a typo in the dialogue script - it should be the luxury 5 star George V Hotel in Paris.
James/Mrs Emma Peel
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Did you order from Amazon Canada? If so I guess it'll arrive pretty sharpish. I did go for Express delivery almost as soon as the book became available, which was expensive but I need some instant(ish) gratification especially after the work week I've had...

I'm prouder of one of my essays than the other, but I don't know if anyone will guess which one or why!

The wonderful thing now is I can stop fretting about mine and luxuriate in so many other viewpoints on the rest. It's clear that like most of The Avengers, this book's writing has both style and substance, in abundance.

Well I've just eaten lunch, so back to the book :) I'll read very slowly so you don't have to jealous :)
I ordered it off Amazon.co.uk, as it's not listed on Amazon.ca. But things from Britain arrive pretty sharpish here--usually within a week unless Canada Post is being particularly difficult. I don't order from the US site unless it's absolutely not available anywhere else, as it takes an absolute age to get here. I have no idea why it takes longer to get something from just over the 49th parallel than across the whole of the Atlantic. I'm calling it a Commonwealth perk. :)

I'm sure both your essays are excellent, and I shall enjoy them. Don't hold back on my account--I'll make a good catch-up effort when I get mine. :wink:
Timeless you have only written over 4000 posts here. Maybe Rodney can give the poor girl a few chapters via email.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."