Back to the Future

Important announcements about the forum - mostly the Christmas contests.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Back to the Future

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:16 pm I've reduced the old forum to just the we have closed message unless you log in. Posting is still disabled, and the bots keep registering despite my attempt to turn registrations off...
I'm planning to disable the old forum completely, it will run for another month before turning off, I believe. Should I do it now or at the end of March?

Answers, on a postcard, to the usual address...
Will links to it (and people's old bookmarks) then lead to just a single page, with a link to here? It would be a shame if there were just a 404 error, though people who know how to use Wayback Machine could find the one with the redirect message, I guess, if it has been crawled by now. And there's no point paying to host a page that does nothing. I just don't want long-lost people to not be able to come back - I have been on many forums where I forget them for a few years then regain my enthusiasm for the music/series/books or whatever they cover...
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I know, that's why I've been keeping it open. It doesn't cost anything to leave the ghost forum on the old site so I can just leave it there until the host gets sick of it. They're pretty disengaged so I can't imagine they'll notice, tbh!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
rob2bob
Nutshell

Post by rob2bob »

Been absent for 2023 until now for various reasons. Just found link to this new platform/server. Great job in the lifting and shifting of the old content 👏