Fantasy Empire (80s fanzine) query/Dennis Spooner

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Dene
Nutshell

Fantasy Empire (80s fanzine) query/Dennis Spooner

Post by Dene »

Hello - anyone able to help with this one...?

I'm getting confused over a (largely Doctor Who-oriented) US fanzine named "Fantasy Empire".

My confusion is because there seems to be both "Fantasy Empire" and "Fantasy Empire Collector's Edition".

Issue 4 of the latter has a Dennis Spooner interview (and a Lalla Ward interview) which apparently contains much on The Avengers - mentioned here: http://deadline.theavengers.tv/1984.htm.

HOWEVER - Issue 4 of the former also has Dennis Spooner and Lalla Ward mentioned on the front cover. Is the content of both of these the same..?

Thanks if anyone knows.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: Fantasy Empire (80s fanzine) query/Dennis Spooner

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Hi Dene :)
Dene wrote:Hello - anyone able to help with this one...?

I'm getting confused over a (largely Doctor Who-oriented) US fanzine named "Fantasy Empire".

My confusion is because there seems to be both "Fantasy Empire" and "Fantasy Empire Collector's Edition".

Issue 4 of the latter has a Dennis Spooner interview (and a Lalla Ward interview) which apparently contains much on The Avengers - mentioned here: http://deadline.theavengers.tv/1984.htm.

HOWEVER - Issue 4 of the former also has Dennis Spooner and Lalla Ward mentioned on the front cover. Is the content of both of these the same..?

Thanks if anyone knows.
I don't have both to hand but - basically - "Fantasy Empire Collector's Editions" were generally straight reprints of articles from "Fantasy Empire" as I recall. It's a rather nice interview by John Peel. Lovely man!

All the best

Andrew
Dene
Nutshell

Re: Fantasy Empire (80s fanzine) query/Dennis Spooner

Post by Dene »

Andrew Pixley wrote:Hi Dene :)

I don't have both to hand but - basically - "Fantasy Empire Collector's Editions" were generally straight reprints of articles from "Fantasy Empire" as I recall. It's a rather nice interview by John Peel. Lovely man!

All the best

Andrew
Hi Andrew - ah, thanks for that. Looking forward to reading when I do track down :-).

Cheers.