Optimum & New Avengers

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

denis
Winged Avenger

Optimum & New Avengers

Post by denis »

Is Optimum planning to release The New Avengers as well ? It would be a good idea because the copies which are on the market are of poor quality.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I thought the last DVD TNA release in the UK was by Optimum. But it would be very nice indeed if the TNA was reissued in the same style and the same amount of extras as the other Avengers seasons.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Amen to that. Strictly speaking, TNA was indeed Optimum's first Avengers release (they put out the set with the Gareth/Brian Clemens commentaries, which I have), but I would love a remastered set, ideally with some Joanna commentaries. (In a perfect world, it would be Joanna/Gareth commentaries, but we all know that's not possible now. :cry: )
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Optimum have changed their name now, they've been reabsorbed into the "mother company" Canal.

I too would welcome a remastered TNA - even the recently-broadcast prints have been shoddy.
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Yes, I would love to see TNA remastered. I've avoided the box set already on the market, as I'm doubtful of it's quality. I have emailed canal requesting TNA. If everyone does the same, they might just take note. :wink: Rich.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

cyberrich wrote:Yes, I would love to see TNA remastered. I've avoided the box set already on the market, as I'm doubtful of it's quality. I have emailed canal requesting TNA. If everyone does the same, they might just take note. :wink: Rich.
I posted this 3 months ago, but I didn't get a reply from canal. I've got all the individual season box sets (thankfully I waited for the corrected versions!) and I've been VERY impressed with the quality. All we need now is for TNA to receive the same treatment. Anyone know anything :?: Rich.
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Blu-Ray please !