• title card: white all caps text in serif font, bordered top and bottom and askew counter-clockwise, reading 'TAKE-OVER' superimposed on a close-up of the dead man lying in a field
  • Circe gases Bill so she can perform surgery upon him against his will
  • Steed stands at the front door with a pile of presents and a small Christmas tree
  • Steed's right gloves is all that remains above the surface of the marsh; the villains look on grimly
  • Circe, in profile, practices her scalpel technique on an apple
  • Lomax is busy aiming his missile, dramtically forshortened across the screen to the right, and hasn't noticed that Steed has just come in the door behind him
  • Tara is startled when her 'invisible golf' swing results in the breaking of a window

Series 6 - Episode 29
Take-Over

Teleplay by Terry Nation
Directed by Robert Fuest

Continuity & Trivia

1. 4:00 - Tara gives Steed a shotgun belonging to her uncle, who had never used it. When Steed asks why, she says the young man married the uncle's daughter of his own free will.
  2. 14:31 - Obvious back-projection used for the driving scene with Steed in the Rolls-Royce.
  3. 15:15 - Steed knocks at the garden door with a "shave and a haircut" knock.
  4. 15:22 - Steed greet them with the words, "Happy Christmas".
  5. 16:02 - Steed explains that Bill and her were taken prisoner in Nanking, no window in the cell, we lost track of time.
  6. 19:13 - "I haven't seen a room clear so quickly since Freddy Furman took a live skunk into the Turkish Baths"
  7. 20:34 - "I spend all my money on new noses".
  8. 24:21 - Is that product placement for the brand of Steed's watch?
  9. 24:28 - you can see the crew's equipment reflected in the glass of the picture frame on the wall.
  10. 32:55 - When Steed hides behind the tree, both the close-up of him and the mid shot of Fenton are out of focus.
  11. 38:31 - there's a ribbon sticking out over the top centre of the camera lens as XX approaches the window and uses his binoculars.
  12. 42:40 - Tara is bound and gagged by Fenton and Sexton.
  13. 44:00 - Cyd Child takes over in defeating Circe.
  14. Running time: 49'57"

The Transport

MarqueColourNumber
Rolls-Royce Phantom V Limousine by H.J. Mulliner, Park Ward 1963 limousineblack7 HYU
Riley 9hp Vee-Twin Tourer 1907dark green with white and goldYU 4301
Rolls-Royce Phantom I H.J. Mulliner [80KR] 1929pale lemonUU 3864
Land-Rover 109\" Series II 1958 soft-top utilitydark greenUFK 521

Who's Killing Whom?

VictimKillerMethod
Handcuffed man Fenton Grenville phosphor bomb
Sergeant Groom Fenton Grenville phosphor bomb
Gilbert Sexton (?) John Steed thrown off staircase
Click a name to see the face

The Fashions

Tara Steed

Support this site via Paypal Join us on Facebook Become a Patron!