Series 6 - Episode 27
Teleplay by Brian Clemens
Directed by Robert Fuest
Continuity & Trivia
- 2:48 (2:28) - a forlorn harmonica version of the theme tune plays over the opening titles, this is repeated at various points through the episode.
- 3:24 - Tara's appointment is in Sturmer Street, just round the corner from Steed.
- 3:50 - Henry chloroforms Tara and he and Rupert drags her away.
- 4:23 - Meudon et Heim champagne.
- 6:00 - There's a hair stuck to top left corner of screen in the close-up tracking shot of Mother moving across Tara's apartment.
- 6:17-6:32 - The boom microphone dips into view as Mother intones, "It also ensures I'm interrupted".
- 7:20 - Mother states that The Fierce Rabbit was our man in Armentierres in the First World War.
- 7:25 - The first file in the cabinet is clearly a script.
- 7:26 (6:50) - While ferreting through the Ministry files in search of the 'The Fierce Rabbit' file, Carter flicks past Mrs Peel's and Mrs Gale's not-yet-declassified files. There are also files labelled MENT, Bernard and, intriguingly, Experiment 53-T-4. If this were Doctor Who, there would be a Big Finish audio adventure for that file by now...
Mrs. Emma Peel
Mrs. Cathy Gale
The Fierce Rabbit
- passim. - Rupert's (fake) medals are Distinguished Service Order, Military Cross, African General Service Medal, India General Service Medal. He wears a captain's uniform with grenadier collar badges and a red triangle regimental insignia.
- 12:12 - Juniper's room is the same set as the vault of St Bartholemew's church, last seen in Take Me to Your Leader and Mother's headquarters from Who Was That Man I Saw You With? (the three episodes were filmed one after another), but it's been whitewashed.
- 16:36 (16:16) - Captain Rupert Lasindall's address is Seven Pines, Barsworth, Hertfordshire.
- 17:51 - Something - a cable or a hawser? - appears at the bottom right corner of the screen - it looks like it's attached to the camera.
- 19:05-19:30 - there's something hanging over the top right corner of the camera in the shots at the top of the stairs as Rupert guides Juniper to see his Uncle.
- 21:37 - Hubert Pettigrew's address is 10A George Court, Knightsbridge.
- 24:30 - the film of the scene where Pettigrew visits Steed is washed out, scratched and dirty.
- 30:10 - we glimpse the boom microphone as the camera pans back from the door to focus on Henry.
- 34:30 - Henry chlorforms her again when she discovers the skeleton.
- 37:55 - Rupert tells her it's November 18th, 1915
- 39:55 - The close-up of Steed is marred by a black smudge top centre of the lens.
- Running time: 49'54"
- In the original script, the antique store owner was named Murray instead of Xavier Smith.
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face
- purple hooded and belted zip-up top with mustard-green cuffs, hem and hood hem, matching green flares, brown ankle boots
- Edwardian costume: high-waisted royal blue skirt, pale blue high-collared blouse and royal blue tie, black stockings and court shoes
- Edwardian costume: white ankle-length ruffled nightgown, later with a royal blue and forest green housecoat
- Edwardian costume: high waisted blue skirt with black trim, chevron-cut at front of waist and front of hem, black ankle boots and stockings, pale blue pinstriped high-collared blouse with integral cravat, cameo at the throat
- Edwardian costume: pink and white bridal gown with matching wide-brimmed hat, long white gloves, white stocking and shoes, pale pink shawl
- purple rollneck knit top with fuschia jeans, brown belt, pink bow in hair