Series 6 - Episode 20
Teleplay by Tony Williamson
Directed by Don Chaffey
Continuity & Trivia
- 1:17 (and again at 2:53 and 16:24 and 37:50) - Steed has a pile of sporting equipment packed, ready to go on holiday... just like in The Girl From Auntie and Basil in Wish You Were Here.
- 1:44 (and 3:00 and 16:55) - Steed tells the operator his number is Whitehall 9819.
- 2:04 - Clumsy camerawork as Steed hangs up, it pans from side to side then pans left to follow Macnee.
- 4:09 - More shakey camera work as Steed puts his cases in the hall.
- 5:00-5:23 - Steed thinks it's October 14th but Tara shows him a pastcard dated October 21st, and he's been on holiday for three weeks, so it's now November, probably Guy Fawkes Day. However The Morning After was Tuesday the 21st, and it looks like the bank calendar says October.
- 5:55 - Those are very ugly shirts in Steed's luggage.
- 7:59 and 17:45 - Are those holes in Dr Meitner's plastic spectacles, or small magnifying lenses?
- 8:18-9:20, 18:34 and 21:27 - There's colour shift in the back-projection with Tara and Steed in the Lotus.
- 8:52 - Steed sent Mother a postcard with Bacchus on it, looking just like Mother. The word "bacchus" makes Steed try to crash the car.
- 10:36-10:44 - There's something stuck to the top left of the camera lens in the mid shot.
- 11:30 - The painting reminds me of Emma's in The Winged Avenger...
- 12:45 - Father takes Steed's name off the active list and reduces his security rating to Third Class.
- 12:55 - Steed's word association: Sea/breeze, Paris/spring, cafe/cognac, car/autostrada, colosseum/Rome, photograph/girl, name/place
- 14:01 - That's a different photo of Steed & Lisa from the one seen at 6:23.
- 14:05 et passim. - The incidental music is from The Joker.
- 14:20-14:28 - There's colour shift in the back-projection with Steed in the cab.
- 18:39 - That's a lovely prescription prop. Dr Meitner's consulting rooms are at 2 Rambold Place London W1
- 26:13 - Tara appears to break in with a butter knife.
- 26:40 - Tara's choice of shoes is odd for someone who's sneaking into a house...
- 27:50-29:15 - Delgado and Thorson do the whole fight sequence themselves.
- 31:25 - Does Tara say "Kiss"?
- 32:42 - Father orders that Steed be followed, a 24 hour watch.
- 33:11 - Steed breaks into Kreer's house using a Gray's Bank credit card.
- 34:00 - Same corridor as The Forget-Me-Knot and Split!.
- 35:05 - Tara is bound and gagged and restrained by Wilks.
- 38:05 - Steed dials 199 for the operator.
- 39:50 et passim. - The close-ups of Lisa holding the gun aren't quite in line with the midshots.
- 40:47 - There's colour shift in the back-projection with Steed (and Proctor) in the Rolls.
- 43:10 etc. - Wht does the sofa in Kreer's house have Steed's cushions on it?
- 45:20 - More colour shift in the back-projection scene with Tara racing the Lotus to Mother's house.
- Running time: 50'14"
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face