Series 6 - Episode 13
Teleplay by Richard Harris and Brian Clemens
Directed by Charles Crichton
Continuity & Trivia
- passim. - Colonel Mannering's presumably fake medals are:
Distinguished Service Order, OBE
1939-45 Star, Africa Star with 8th Army clasp, Italy Star, France and Germany Star
Defence Medal, War Medal 1939-45 with King's Commendation for Brave Conduct oak leaf, Korea Medal, United Nations Service Medal for Korea
General Service Medal (1918-61), General Service Medal (1962), Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal, Croix de Guerre 1939-1945
The same medals are worn by Brigadier Hansing in The Morning After.
- 1:48 - Lt Roy Caspar's serial number is 22413791. He wears just the two General Service Medal ribbons when in dress uniform.
- 2:16 (2:20) - Christopher Lee emerges from a corner of the surgery which was completely empty 20 seconds earlier.
- 2:55 - The caption title acetates are very dirty, there's grit and hair all over it.
- 3:08 - Steed has an antique 'phone in the Bentley again.
- 3:10-3:22 - That's a stand-in for Macnee.
- 3:25 - Steed dials 0 to enter Mother's HQ through the 'phone booth.
- 3:30 (3:50) - Mother's HQ is hidden, Get Smart style, behind a telephone box.
- 8:29 - Yet another visit to the quarry last seen in the previous episode, They Keep Killing Steed.
- 11:15 - There's a hair at top right after the guards drag Caspar thruogh the door.
- 15:29 - The boom microphone dips alarmingly into shot as Steed stands up from questioning Caspar.
- 16:03 - The boom micropohne appears again, waggles about until 16:08 and then you see its shadow on the wall for a few seconds.
- 31:22 (32:10) - Tara has been selected to go to Centre 53 to attend TOHE course A7. The documents are covered by Secret Security Sealed Instruction 47, subsection QR4932.
- 35:46 - The boom microphone appears again when Tara is introduced to the other officers in the bar.
- 44:55-45:00 - one of the officers runs through a door in an army uniform and a couple of seconds later he is wearing a navy uniform.
- 46:25 - There's a hair in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- 46:46 - You can see a painted backdrop through the French doors.
- 47:00 - Steed's bowler has a steel crown this week, deflecting Toy's bayonet.
- 47:31 - There's a hair top left as Steed is apprehended by the officers.
- 49:50 (51:19) - Steed's intonation "not to give away your secret recipe" is obviously redubbed.
- Running time: 50'20"
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face
- chocolate knit long-sleeved minidress, buttoned down the front to hem, powder blue trim, button hole and piping, with a matching chocolate and powder blue striped scarf, brown pumps
- oatmeal, blue and green diagonal check jacket, three black buttons high on the front with a flared skirt, with white cotton skivvy and navy slacks
- black cotton skivvy and stretch trousers, black shoes, later with a green jacket with patch pockets and blue buttons
- black evening gown with inlaid sequins and diaphonous sleeves