Series 6 - Episode 12
They Keep Killing Steed
Teleplay by Brian Clemens
Directed by Robert Fuest
Continuity & Trivia
- 1:25 - In the extreme long shot, Arcos has already started running towards the taxi, but in the extreme close-up, he's just turned to look.
- 1:41 - They finally managed to reuse the set from The Living Dead - recognise those walls and pipes?
- 3:25 - Mother and Rhonda are in a rowing boat, same location as BIRD? , Mother answers the 'phone as Rhonda drops the anchor. She then cuttles the boat so they can descend to the submarine below.
- 5:14 - Boddy Fuest betrays his Peter Hammond influences in this episodes with shots in reflection, through curtains etc.
- 7:45 - The camera zooms in, then bounces out and back in again.
- 9:24 - Steed asks to be driven to 14 Wheelwright Street
- 11:06 - Gadgetry of the secret services : Steed starts cutting his ropes against the sharp edge of his bowler's rim. He gets through at 12:32.
- 20:32 - Surely that's the other side of the door of the butter churn from False Witness!
- 22:30 - Is that a slow reprise of theme from Something Nasty In The Nursery?
- 31:03 - That's a terrible sculpture! Was Steed being sarcastic when he told Arcos he had great skill?
- 31:10 - Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin product placement (instead of the the usual Meudon et Heim).
- 32:25 - The same people are walking up the stairs toward sthe house as were doing so at 30:12 - did they leave something in the car? Did they pop out for a gasper? Is this classic recycled footage?
- 33:10 - Macnee's eyes flicker when Horsfall touches him with his hand, even though he's supposed to be playing a now-dead doppelganger.
- 35:24 - The chairman of the conference is in the conference room, but a split-second earlier he was in the crowd through which Tara and von Curt were passing, along with some of the delegates. (This is more recycled footage, the sequence at 26:22, with Steed moving through the crowd, is almost identical to that at 35:24 when Tara does the same, as well as the sequence at 32:27.
- 36:05 (40:00) - the shot of the exploding bomb uses footage of the exploding ammunition shed from Have Guns - Will Haggle.
- 40:25 - music from A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station
- 41:30 onwards (44:30) - the music during the car chase is from A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station.
- 43:06 - Just before Steed reaches the quarry, he turns the same corner he turned back at 42:00.
- 44:10 - There's bad camera work in the close up; both Steed and the mask go out of focus, and we have a shot of the out of focus wall between them for a few seconds.
- 45:40-45:55 - There's a patch of clay that keeps appearing and disappearing on one of Tara's (Cyd Child's) thighs.
- 46:05 - Sadly, given the subject of this episode, the stuntmen playing the two Steeeds are not much like Patrick Macnee.
- 48:40 - This shot makes no sense. Why would Arcos turn back into himself?
- Running time: 50'14"
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face
- (doppelganger) light brown shirt with forest green tie, grey trousers
- taupe three-piece suit (felt collar) with yellow shirt and brown/green paisley tie, brown bowler
- (doppelganger) as above
- (doppelganger) light grey suit, burgundy tie, lilac shirt, brown suede shoes and black fedora
- (doppelganger) blue suit, red tie, white shirt
- (doppelganger) costume 1 with grey jacket and grey fedora
- psychadelic print lime, purple and magenta shirt with cream trousers, socks and slip-ons, and black sunglasses