Series 6 - Episode 11
Have Guns - Will Haggle
Teleplay by Donald James
Directed by Ray Austin
Continuity & Trivia
- 3:49 - Have Guns - Will Haggle is one of those rare episodes with more than one title screen:
- 5:05 - We've seen that house before... maybe in Escape In Time!
- 6:29 - That looks like the same towpath where Danvers was shot at in The Bird Who Knew Too Much.
- 14:45 - Conrad's Jaguar is suddenly turned at an improbable angle from where it had been seconds earlier after Tara fights off the henchman.
- 16:49 - When Steed visits Colonel Nsonga, he's listening to some of the music from Small Game for Big Hunters.
- 22:39 etc. - Some obvious back projection studio work when Steed is 'driving'.
- 23:29 - It's obviously not Macnee who gets out of the Bentley! It's probably Paul Weston.
- 25:32 - A little model train goes across the model bridge outside Tara's window.
- 37:20 - That's rather obviously a studio woodland set that they starts wandering around in after Steed leaps the hedge.
- Running time: 49'20"
- This episode is especially interesting as it gives us a glimpse of Tara Mark I, while John Bryce was still in Charge of production. The producers wanted Thorson to be a blonde but the bleaching damaged her hair, forcing Linda to wear wigs; she's also slightly overweight. They try to disguise it by having her wear a large pink coat but the difference is obvious around TIMECODE (25:00) when she returns home, pink and plump, then emerges from the bedroom, dark and slim, in a brief little tartan outfit (see feature images 2 & 3).
- Just who is so obsessed with clowns?
- Maxie and Jennings in clown make-up in Look- (stop me if you've heard this one) But There Were These Two Fellers...,
- the gang of mercenaries wearing clown masks in Have Guns - Will Haggle,
- Merlin wearing a clown mask in The Morning After,
- and Miranda Loxton wears a clown costume for the first quarter of Requiem.
|Land Rover||dark green||HBW 45D|
|Jaguar Mark X||dark grey||13. ...|
|Lotus Elan +2||red||NPW 999F|
|Jaguar Mark 9||steel blue||BNF 642C|
|Bentley 3 Litre 1926||british racing green||YT 3942|
|Mercedes 250||steel grey||REN 988|
|Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I||grey||GDK 978C|
|Daimler Majestic Major Limousine||grey||?|
|Rolls-Royce 40/50 h.p. 'Silver Ghost' 1923 H.J.Mulliner tourer (chassis number 46LK)||pale lemon||KK 4976|
Who's Killing Whom?
|Col. Nsonga||John Steed||hit by debri from exploding ammunition depot|
There might be another death - when Tara is attacked in the warehouse, one of the mercenaries collapses as though he's shot by the other but we don't see enough to be sure.
Click a name to see the face