Series 6 - Episode 7
All Done with Mirrors
Teleplay by Leigh Vance
Directed by Ray Austin
Continuity & Trivia
- 3:11 - There's dust and hair on the caption scanner when the credits come up under the titles
- 3:40-4:20 (4:00) - This episode must have been meant as the first episode of the season, as Rhonda is introduced to Steed for the first time, and Steed has reservations about giving the assignment to Tara; Mother describes sending in female agents as "a new, intuitive approach to things".
- 4:56 (4:30) - Steed declares, "I'm innocent, entirely innocent!" Tara takes one look at the bikini-clad girls and says, "Yes, but for how long?"
- passim. - Carmoadoc is presumably in Wales.
- 8:02 et passim. - The wall decorations from Split! & My Wildest Dream are on the rotating arms of the device in the centre of the establishment, as well as on the walls.
- 8:30 - Linda Thorson slips into her native Canadian accent briefly.
- 12:26 - (12:00) - Gozzo's approach to Williams' house is accompanied by Laurie Johnson's "March of the Cybernauts" and Gozzo had not been seen yet, so a viewer might have expected him to be a cybernaut.
- 14:09 - Linda Thorson does some of her own stunts in the fight against Gozzo, notably the first flying kick over the car.
- 15:04 (14:30) - When Cyd Child puts in the final kick to send Gozzo into the shed, she falls backwards but a second later with the change of angle Linda Thorson resumes the role of Tara and is standing up, arms in a karate pose.
- 15:32 - Tara walks away at the end of the fight with no mud on here trousers, despite having been marked quite a lot during the fight.
- 16:06 - Seligmann's view through the binoculars is an identical shot to Tara's view of the lighthouse moments earlier (presumably either side of the commercial break).
- 23:59 - there's a big wad of threads at the top left just as the vision switches to the extreme close-up of the Colonel looking throught the telescope. When the vision switches to Tara entering the lamp room, it becomes a few tangled threads stuck in the corner; they disappear briefly at the camera switch to Tara and Barlow's close-ups at 24:14, 24:19, 24:22, returning whenever the Colonel is in close-up, or there's a mid-shot. It disappears completely at 24:52.
- 25:42 (25:23) - Tara swings the telescope, which had been pointing at the sea, to the right to view the cliffs, but the cliff-edge in question was to the left.
- 25:44 - There appears to be a big dent in the side of the telescope.
- 43:15 - Joe Dunne stands up then continues his roll down the stairs.
- 46:00 - There's colour shift in the back projection sequence when Steed is driving.
- Running time: 49'27"
- Sparshott's medals: Military Cross, Korea Medal, United Nations Service Medal for Korea, Africa General Service Medal, General Service Medal 1918-62, General Service Medal 1962, Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal
- This must have been quite an expensive episode to produce, there's tons of location filming and the lighthouse sets would have been specially built.
- Ray Austin seems to be emulating Peter Hammond with his choice of shots.
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face