Series 6 - Episode 6
Teleplay by Jeremy Burnham
Directed by Charles Crichton
Continuity & Trivia
- 1:30 The music is from Escape in Time.
- 3:10-3:21 (2:50-3:00) - The street corner with the 'phone booth is unsignposted - presumably removed by the crew - except for the couple of seconds [2:50-2:55] when Melville steps from the booth and walks off when it reads MACKENNAL STREET, NW8 (which is just north of Regent's Park). It's gone again when Penman passes the booth at 3:21 (3:00).
- 4:40 - Steed declares, "It's Mothers' Day!" - which places this episode on Sunday March 24th '68 (the episode was filmed in July 1968).
- 5:52 et passim. - To back up Steed, the double decker bus has "Remember Mothers' Day" posters on the side.
- 5:52 et passim. - Mother's office is in a double decker bus in this episode, an idea that appears in the misguided feature film version of "The Avengers".
- 6:33 - Mother utters some dreadful Sixties faux "Chinese" while on the 'phone.
- 7:15-7:35 - Sleazy Steed : Steed very unsubtly checks out Rhonda from head to toe, both times she walks down the bus to hand him something.
- 10:26 - Plummer's flat reappears in The Interrogators as Caspar's flat
- 19:27 (21:00) - The silhouette version of the painting from From Venus with Love hangs sideways on Lord Edgefield's wall.
- 21:40 - That's not Patrick Macnee running through the basement!
- 32:10 - The stunt double for John Bennett is not much like him!
- 33:51 - The signpost beside the telephone box points the way to Radlett.
- 34:06 - Tara's strange 'phone call to Sir Joseph:
TARA: Sir Joseph!
SIR JOSEPH: Yes, Miss King?
TARA: This is very unimportant!
SIR JOSEPH: Well don't bother me now, I'm very busy.
TARA: I don't want to warn you!
SIR JOSEPH: I beg your pardon?
TARA: Whatever you do, don't be careful.
SIR JOSEPH: Look, er, you're wasting my time Miss King (HE HANGS UP)
TARA: Sir Joseph?!
- 38:57 - Tara's desperate note reads: "The milk is harmless".
- 41:37 - This is the only time that Rhonda ever makes a sound - she whistles loudly to call Gould up the stairsa of the bus.
- 42:08 - Tara makes an almost identical whistle a few moments laters - were they dubbed in sound effects?
- 47:25 etc. - The stuntmen barely resemble the actors.
- Running time : 50'14"
Who's Killing Whom?
Click a name to see the face