The Fashion Guide to The New Avengers
Series 1 (1976–7) Page 4
Purdey : lilac bodysuit
She wears a lace lilac bodysuit with halter neck and flared legs with a matching cravat.
Steed : Navy suit
He wears a single-breasted 3-piece woolen suit with slanted, covered waist pockets. A single button at waist & single vent keep an immaculately tailored look.
- The Last of the Cybernauts...?? : tartan red tie and pale blue shirt
- The Last of the Cybernauts...?? : purple tie with white spot and pale blue shirt, black bowler hat
- The Last of the Cybernauts...?? : as above with an old gold tie
- The Midas Touch : white shirt and blue paisley tie, later with a chalk stripe overcoat
- Cat Among the Pigeons : white shirt, purple tie
- Target! : pale blue shirt, dark purple tie
- To Catch a Rat : purple tie with white spot, cream shirt
- To Catch a Rat : blue shirt, brown tie with white spot, black bowler hat (this might be the same as above, but desaturated by the poor light)
- Tale of the Big Why : pale blue shirt, purple tie with white spots
- Faces : white shirt, dark purple tie, black chelsea boots, black bowler & umbrella
- Faces : white shirt, purple tie with white spot
- Faces : white shirt, blue tie with white spot
- Sleeper : white shirt, blue tie with white spot
- Three-Handed Game : Blue shirt. Blue tie with white spot
- Three-Handed Game : Blue shirt. Purple tie, black bowler hat and umbrella
- Angels of Death : Pale lilac shirt, purple tie, red carnation
- Angels of Death : Pale lilac shirt, purple tie with subtle blue diamond pattern, red carnation, later with a black bowler and umbrella
- Medium Rare : Pale blue shirt, purple tie with subtle blue diamond pattern, black bowler and umbrella with a cane handle
- Complex : Pale blue shirt, purple tie with white spot, black bowler and umbrella with a cane handle (actually, it looks like an American derby rather than a bowler to me)
Gambit : Brown suit
He wears a single-breasted 3-piece mid-brown ‘action suit’, with single vent, a slit breast pocket, covered waist pockets (slanted, with two on the righthand side), the breast is tailored with darts; the trousers are flared. This is the same cut as his checked suit.
Purdey : Chocolate jacket
She wears a chocolate jacket with huge lapels, white piping along the lapels and false belt at the hem. It’s worn with an open-neck cream shirt with wide lapels and loose, turned back cuffs, and a pair of matching chocolate slacks.
Purdey : Gold halterneck and brown culottes
She wears a gold and brown silk halterneck shoulderless blouse, brown culottes and brown high-heeled calf-length boots.
Purdey : Pale mustard PVC cape and skirt
She wears a pale mustard PVC cape and wrap-around split midi skirt, patterned in brown, both with very wide pleated hems. It’s worn with a milk chocolate rollneck shirt with long sleeves and long brown socks.
Purdey : Brown rollneck and skirt
She wears a brown woolen rollneck skivvy with a brown patterned skirt, the triangles and diamonds evoking a mountain range. She accessorises with off-white stockings, a cream and brown Louis Vuitton handbag and a South American copper necklace.
Purdey : Pink sundress
She wears a pink, purple and white patterned sundress with white shoulder straps, yoke and waist.
Purdey : Lilac leotard
She wears a lilac leotard and leg warmers, later with a purple jumper.
Purdey : Aqua and blue dress
She wears a blue diaphonous floating skirt with a leotard top and matching transparent cape.
Purdey : Cream split dress with shorts
She wears a scallop necked cream and brown pattern blouse with matching split-front dress, with matching shorts underneath. The dress has a sheer shawl and skirt and the ensemble is accessorised with matching shoes.