The Transport Guide to The Avengers
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Station is the only episode in which no cars appear whatsoever, and the episode before it, The Superlative Seven only features Mrs Peel’s Lotus Elan (and a few aeroplanes).
- The episode with the most vehicles is, predictably, Dead Man’s Treasure (20), followed not very closely by Mission Highly Improbable (15).
- Several vehicles, other than those regularly used by Steed and Mrs Peel, were used more than once in filming:
- The Austin taxi, VGF 345, seen in Epic was also used in The Girl from Auntie and probably also in What The Butler Saw.
- The Ford Thames truck 2705 VX is seen in Man-eater of Surrey Green and twice in The Danger Makers.
- The Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith Touring Saloon KXQ 777 appears in both Man-eater of Surrey Green and A Sense of History.
- The Triumph motorbike 452 VMF turns up in Dial a Deadly Number, The Danger Makers and Mission ... Highly Improbable.
- The white Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III, CKP 500C, was used in both The Fear Merchants and Something Nasty In The Nursery.
- The Land Rover, 695 EAC, from You Have Just Been Murdered was used in the Tara King episode Invasion of the Earthmen.
- The light blue Rover P6 2000 The Positive-Negative Man, JLL 376D, was used in the Tara episode Homicide and Old Lace.
- The black Citroën DS19/ID19 Safari estate, AYR 141B, in Murdersville, was used in The Curious Case of the Countless Clues.
- The yellow Citroën, 70 BLX, in The Correct Way to Kill is possibly the same as that in The Saint episode “To Kill a Saint”.
- The Saracen APC from Mission ... Highly Improbable turns up in The Saint as well, using the same footage.
To change the view of the table, click on the headings. For example, if you wish to see the list sorted according to number plate, click on the “NUMBER PLATE” heading.