Honor Blackman

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Pamela Ann Davy.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0205853/

Indicated as Born: 1939 in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

This is an absolute fib. In fact, she is older and I think, on the basis of my research, she was born in Melbourne.
Adding to my post in this topic (see above) about Pamela Ann Davy here:

http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... orum#63623
Denis
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

There's an early Honor Blackman film being shown on the excellent Talking pictures channel tomorrow at 11.30 called Diamond city, made in 1949. It also stars David Farrar & Diana Dors. Set in the diamond fields of South Africa, a lawman is trying to maintain a semblance of law and order.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I watched Diamond City (1949) starring Honor Blackman recently. I have to say it was the worst film I have ever seen her in. I do remember her being interviewed and she bemoaned many of her early roles. It was a pretty awful role she had to play here, very saccharine with not much depth. It must have been Manna from heaven when she got the part of Cathy Gale. Post Avengers, Honor's roles improved significantly. Pussy Galore is the best Bond girl (along with Tracy Di Vicenzo). She was also terrific in Life at the top and Shalako, and practically stole the show in Dagger of the mind, my favourite Columbo movie.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

As I mentioned once before, she is great in the Danger Man 1960 episode 'Colonel Rodriguez' as her realistic portrayal adds great suspense. We're watching the Cathy episodes this year (just watched one) and Honor is so good.
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Interesting 1975 BBC Radio Sci-Fi here by Honor and Tony Anholt (from The Protectors) https://archive.org/details/SophieByStewartFarrar
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Honor appears in an episode of Robin's Nest tomorrow (Wed 3rd) at 5.30pm on the Talking Pictures channel. The episode is called Love and Marriage, and Honor plays Tessa Wyatt's mother, in this 1970's sitcom starring Richard O'Sullivan. I'm not sure, but I think this channel is only broadcast in the UK and Ireland. Honor also appeared in an earlier episode called The maternal triangle. All episodes are on youtube though.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

One of Honor's films, the remake of The cat and the canary made in 1978, is shown this Tues 23rd at 10pm on the Talking pictures channel.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Over the weekend I watched an old movie I found on youtube called A matter of WHO. Sadly very topical at the moment! Honor has a supporting role in this film. It was made in 1961 and stars Terry Thomas who carries a brolly, wears a bowler hat and drives a vintage car that looks quite familiar :!:
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Honor is rather good in this as a vampire hunter... dressed in leather with a very Cathy Gale taste in hats!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56ngay
Last watched: "Mandrake"
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

I saw her yesterday in A Night to Remember. Quite a better film than Cameron' s version.