Linda Thorson

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Linda Thorson's FIAT-Vignale Samantha

Post by mousemeat »

Ian Wegg wrote:I stumbled across this last week in a museum on the Isle of Man. (Apparently only six rhd models were made and the museum has four of them).

Image Image Image Image Image

wow, have read about them...but never saw a pict..until now....I hope they didn't have the usual FIAT woes..i.e. electrical etc FIAT..' FIX IT AGAIN TONY...LOL
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Linda returns to The Avengers after 50 years!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/linda- ... r-50-years
Old account paulpdjh
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

paulh wrote:Linda returns to The Avengers after 50 years!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/linda- ... r-50-years

thanks for the link...the article with quotes by Linda, was great to read...and It had lit a fire under me to learn more, etc
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

darren wrote:A fuller interview with Linda:

https://scifibulletin.com/spy-fi/tv/the ... a-thorson/
thanks for the heads up.....
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I love that the audio Tara is played by an actress called "Emily" and that Linda Thorson likes her. My daughter was named Emily in honour of The Avengers (Emma seemed too on-the-nose but we do call her Emily for short) i.e. the final episode of The New Avengers on TV. Nicer to be named after a beloved car than a person :)
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:I love that the audio Tara is played by an actress called "Emily" and that Linda Thorson likes her. My daughter was named Emily in honour of The Avengers (Emma seemed too on-the-nose but we do call her Emily for short) i.e. the final episode of The New Avengers on TV. Nicer to be named after a beloved car than a person :)
speaking of that particular model of Fiat, has anyone remembered actually seeing that model on the streets, after the show ended ? if not, then the car museum was it's resting place...for from I can see from the photos, they all look like they have suffered from typical severe rusting..that seemed to plague Fiats...especially in North America, as they ended up being true rust buckets..

4 left out of the original six..not a bad ratio..
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Frankymole wrote:I love that the audio Tara is played by an actress called "Emily" and that Linda Thorson likes her. My daughter was named Emily in honour of The Avengers (Emma seemed too on-the-nose but we do call her Emily for short) i.e. the final episode of The New Avengers on TV. Nicer to be named after a beloved car than a person :)
Emily is a nice name. I'm pretty sure Emily Woodward, who plays Tara, is the daughter of the late Edward Woodward who starred in Callan and The Equalizer .
Old account paulpdjh
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

paulh wrote:
Emily is a nice name. I'm pretty sure Emily Woodward, who plays Tara, is the daughter of the late Edward Woodward who starred in Callan and The Equalizer .
Yes, according to imdb, Edward Woodward is "the father (with Venetia Barrett) of Tim Woodward, Peter Woodward and Sarah Woodward. He and fellow actress Michele Dotrice are the parents of yet another actress, Emily Woodward."

I do love him in Callan. an amazing series that I only discovered a couple of years ago, which was far different from the "thick-ear" action series I thought it would be. A brilliant character brought to life by a brilliant actor.

Michele Dotrice is a great actor too, and I've always admired her dad Roy Dotrice. They've given us a lot to enjoy.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
paulh wrote:
Yes, according to imdb, Edward Woodward is "the father (with Venetia Barrett) of Tim Woodward, Peter Woodward and Sarah Woodward. He and fellow actress Michele Dotrice are the parents of yet another actress, Emily Woodward."

I do love him in Callan. an amazing series that I only discovered a couple of years ago, which was far different from the "thick-ear" action series I thought it would be. A brilliant character brought to life by a brilliant actor.

Michele Dotrice is a great actor too, and I've always admired her dad Roy Dotrice. They've given us a lot to enjoy.

Darn, I forgot that Edward was in the Wicker Man....and turned down a cameo in the 2005 remake......hard to believe he passed away in 2009....