Linda Thorson

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
kim
The Ministry

Linda Thorson

Post by kim »

Oh stop rolling your eyes. You all knew I was going to get to her eventually..

As I posted on the last forum, Linda has been getting high praise for her role in Gigi. Has anyone had the chance to see the play?

A while back she had stated she was working on a book. Has anything more been said about it? You do know that if it does get published in the UK, you all are mandated to rush out, buy a copy and send it to me.

Yes you are...It's here in the rules somewhere...
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Re: Linda Thorson

Post by DiVicenzo »

kim wrote:Oh stop rolling your eyes. You all knew I was going to get to her eventually..

As I posted on the last forum, Linda has been getting high praise for her role in Gigi. Has anyone had the chance to see the play?

A while back she had stated she was working on a book. Has anything more been said about it? You do know that if it does get published in the UK, you all are mandated to rush out, buy a copy and send it to me.

Where is she performing in 'Gigi'?
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

kim wrote:Oh stop rolling your eyes. You all knew I was going to get to her eventually..

Working on a book ? Heck, I didn't know she knew how write..(LOL)

ok,ok, all kidding aside...I think the years have been kind to her, not only in her role as Tara, but certainly in her post Tara career...As the years roll by, Fans, both old and new to her era, have either embraced her as Tara, or Have re thought Tara/Linda...I tend not to be so harsh on her, as I was in years past..Nowdays, I think she wasn't bad...and given the same meaty scripts that Blackman and Rigg had, Thorson might have held her own..and perhaps Tara King wouldn't be getting slagged by so many Fans..

I recently watched Linda in an Star Trek episode...she was good..

As I'm rolling my eyes, I still prefer RIGG....but at least I can live with the character of Tara King, without wincing...(LOL)
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I heard she was working on her biography, but no news on that since. One would hope it'd get a Canadian release since she's probably fairly well-known after her Avengers and Emily of New Moon stints, and her son is going to U of T, so she still seems to have some connections to Canada. It'd be fun to read a Linda bio. Honor should pen one as well.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

DiVicenzo wrote:

Regent's Park..Open air play.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I heard she was working on her biography, but no news on that since. One would hope it'd get a Canadian release since she's probably fairly well-known after her Avengers and Emily of New Moon stints, and her son is going to U of T, so she still seems to have some connections to Canada. It'd be fun to read a Linda bio. Honor should pen one as well.
I would think it would be released in Canada for the reasons you state. It also could very well be released here since I understand she has obtained U.S. citizenship.

I just think it would be an interesting read. Too bad Diana Rigg is against writing her own autobiograpy. Imagine the stories she could tell!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I heard she was working on her biography, but no news on that since. One would hope it'd get a Canadian release since she's probably fairly well-known after her Avengers and Emily of New Moon stints, and her son is going to U of T, so she still seems to have some connections to Canada. It'd be fun to read a Linda bio. Honor should pen one as well.
There is a book in the pipeline, the title of which escapes me at the moment...

Get it on import, Timeless... :wink:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

kim wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:

Regent's Park..Open air play.
Thanks Kim! Then, I may go! But the weather is awful at the moment!
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

AS should the Dame! But, she won't! But, you never know. She said she would never get married at one point and she is now twice-divorced!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
There is a book in the pipeline, the title of which escapes me at the moment...

Get it on import, Timeless... :wink:
By whom? Linda or Honor?

Either way, I'll definitely be getting it on import if I have to. No different than anything else I order from across the pond. They ought to set up a customs desk next to my mailbox. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14