the Female part of the Team

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: the Female part of the Team

Post by mousemeat »

great post Allard..spot on....especially your take on the Gale and Peel eras...and I often feel the same, when I hear the opening chords of Dankworth's or Johnson's show theme...
Last edited by mousemeat on Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Allard wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:32 pm Don't watch episodes for what they lack, watch them for what they are great at.
Perfect advice. It's how I've come to love every era of the show. I also find something to enjoy in every single episode. Not everything, but there's always something - usually quite a lot.

As someone wisely said about another long-running show, but which equally applies to all of ours from 1961-76.... "no-one sets out to make a bad episode". It's all done with professionalism, and a sense of fun in there somewhere.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

exactly..sense of fun...and that includes the actors, etc...if they don't feel comfortable, or at least like / respect the story line / script, then it's moot point, as the show eventually circles the drain, I don't remember any 'long' running series, when the writers/actors disliked it...
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Allard wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:32 pmDon't watch episodes for what they lack, watch them for what they are great at.
Quite! Superbly put! :)

All the best

Andrew