Imprint Films The Avengers: Emma Peel Collection Blu-Ray

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I must say the Art work is gorgeous. I think this is the best package design on an Avengers set yet.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MRotten wrote:I must say the Art work is gorgeous. I think this is the best package design on an Avengers set yet.
in some cases, that might be the deciding factor ....the U.S. A & E set's were sorta lacking art-graphics wise..
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

mousemeat wrote:
MRotten wrote:I must say the Art work is gorgeous. I think this is the best package design on an Avengers set yet.
in some cases, that might be the deciding factor ....the U.S. A & E set's were sorta lacking art-graphics wise..
The Avengers typeface from the filmed series is really needed to give it an authentic look.
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

New release date is December 9. (This info is from the Blu ray new release site).
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

MRotten wrote:New release date is December 9. (This info is from the Blu ray new release site).

thanks for the heads up..i.e. December 9th...
AgentCooper
Nutshell

Post by AgentCooper »

I received mine and I think it's pretty wonderful. Granted, I'm in the US and this is my first time being able to have access to the show on blu-ray - excepting the bare-bones Lionsgate 2014 set with the pitched-up audio - with all the special features, bells & whistles, commentaries, etc. The packaging is lovely, sturdy, and overall I'm very happy with it and feels it's totally worth the hefty price tag.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

AgentCooper wrote:I received mine and I think it's pretty wonderful. Granted, I'm in the US and this is my first time being able to have access to the show on blu-ray - excepting the bare-bones Lionsgate 2014 set with the pitched-up audio - with all the special features, bells & whistles, commentaries, etc. The packaging is lovely, sturdy, and overall I'm very happy with it and feels it's totally worth the hefty price tag.
Thank you for the review. I'd love to have it all on BluRay. If I could play the USA region I probably would. My BluRay player keeps asking me what region I'm in, and has only a limited number of changes. These days in a globalised entertainment market with VPNs/streams it seems ridiculous hobbling shiny disks with region protection. Especially for nearly 60-year-old series that aren't the latest Hollywood releases.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
AgentCooper wrote:I received mine and I think it's pretty wonderful. Granted, I'm in the US and this is my first time being able to have access to the show on blu-ray - excepting the bare-bones Lionsgate 2014 set with the pitched-up audio - with all the special features, bells & whistles, commentaries, etc. The packaging is lovely, sturdy, and overall I'm very happy with it and feels it's totally worth the hefty price tag.
Thank you for the review. I'd love to have it all on BluRay. If I could play the USA region I probably would. My BluRay player keeps asking me what region I'm in, and has only a limited number of changes. These days in a globalised entertainment market with VPNs/streams it seems ridiculous hobbling shiny disks with region protection. Especially for nearly 60-year-old series that aren't the latest Hollywood releases.

granted..today with so many options to view, to have limitations on playing discs, seems to be foolhardy ...discs should be playable in all regions. just not one..but you gotta love the graphical look of these releases...and I would say, the best looking releases period...graphics wise...compared to the dull looking A & E , and Lionsgate offering
angel
White Dwarf

Post by angel »

Is worth purchasing this blu-ray set The Complete Emma Peel Megaset image quality-wise ?
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Imprint Films The Avengers: Emma Peel Collection Blu-Ray

Post by Frankymole »

I've only bought the Cybernauts trilogy on BluRay because Network made such a good job of the restoration, as recommended by Greg Bakun on his From The Archive Youtube channel. I had heard the other BluRays weren't much improved on the DVDs, but have not tested this myself.
Last watched: "Mandrake"