Unstoppable cards: very big weighty Honor Blackman book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Steve_Unstoppable wrote:To answer some of your other questions - the book is with the same people that announced it - I am one of the partners at Unstoppable so no move to different publisher :-). I deal with the design side and the book is completely under our control "as it were". I have quite a lot of experience in designing these kinds of books so hopefully i have done a good job here!

I am trying to put together some kind of video to show more of the inside of the book to give a better idea of it's scope

I would say if you are sitting on the fence then the discount codes won't be around forever and this IS a strictly limited edition book

As for Rigg and Thorson - as I say we have every intention of moving on to them next (and much faster).

any sales to the U.S. ?? can I get one ?
Steve_Unstoppable
White Dwarf

Post by Steve_Unstoppable »

Go to www.unstoppablecards.com for all the sales info
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Thanks for the info, just seen the video on Facebook, book looks incredible. I have ordered two signed copies, one for myself and another for a good friends 50th birthday.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

According to yesterday's announcement of the company Unstoppable Cards, work will begin from 25 May to deliver pre-orders from buyers for the limited edition packs associated with "The Avengers: The Honor Blackman Years" book.

https://unstoppablecards.com/2018_SECURE/
https://www.facebook.com/unstoppablecards
Denis
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I received the book. I was surprised and delighted at the number of rehearsal photos, easily spotted as Honor Blackman has yet to have her hair styled and makeup applied.

There is an error in an actor's identification on Page 114. The middle and lower photos on the left incorrectly state Philip Latham as Prof. Cartright. They should read "Peter Copley as Henry Barker" instead.
Last edited by MRotten on Sat May 29, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

MRotten wrote:I received the book. I was surprised and delighted at the number of rehearsal photos, easily spotted as Honor Blackman has yet to have her hair styled and makeup applied.

There is an error in an actor's identification on Page 114. The middle and lower photos on the left incorrectly state Philip Latham as Prof. Cartright. It should read "Peter Copley as Henry Barker" instead.
Thanks for this comment. Just yesterday Unstoppable announced the start of shipping operations worldwide and on the same day it was already received by several customers (people from different parts of the world started writing about receiving this book yesterday). It is very likely that the delivery operation really began to appear on 25 May, and yesterday's announcement was a reminder.

https://www.facebook.com/unstoppablecards

One of the customer comments on 28 May:

I got one too!!! It's a coffee table size book...the pictures are wonderful and many I have not seen before...
Denis
James C McFetridge
Nutshell

Post by James C McFetridge »

According to the parcel tracking info I received, my copy isn't due to arrive until next Thursday - 8 days after it was posted. I live in the UK, which says a lot about the local parcel delivery services... :cry:
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

They tried to deliver a parcel to me, it is waiting at my local post office. I won't be able to collect it until Tuesday, but I hope it is The Book!
Last watched: "Trojan Horse"
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

It will be great to hear your feedback on the book, Franky, when you receive it. :wink: On the whole, it seems now that the book has paid off. Hopefully we'll hear about from Steve (Unstoppable) later.
Denis
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

Mine arrived Thursday and it’s a beautiful book, so pleased I took the plunge with it!