Peter Wyngarde signing

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
bunny
Nutshell

Peter Wyngarde signing

Post by bunny »

Found this online, a film fair at Camden in London, with Avengers actors Peter Wyngarde and Edina Ronay attending,
Not met Peter before, so cant wait.
More details here http://midnight-media.net/id10.html
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Peter did an interview for me many years ago for the magazine I used to publish called Action TV. My mate Martin Gainsford went along and did the actual interview and found Peter to be very entertaining. To confirm that the interview was on Peter telephoned me, but I wasn't in and so he left a message on the answer machine and it was just like getting message from Jason King.
Last edited by MikeR on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Sounds great.
I spoke to the organisers, when I went last time and they said Peter will have photos of himself from The Avengers and The Prisoner (another show I like).
I have got a book of The Avengers that I try and get signed, so might go for that instead.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Wyngarde is someone I'd love to meet socially as you just know he'd have countless stories and keep you entertained for hours if not days.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Darren wrote:Wyngarde is someone I'd love to meet socially as you just know he'd have countless stories and keep you entertained for hours if not days.
I've heard a couple of interviews with him and he can really talk and talk and talk and he seemed to have a huge amount of ideas and I get the impression that he would have loved to have been a scriptwriter.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Darren wrote:Wyngarde is someone I'd love to meet socially as you just know he'd have countless stories and keep you entertained for hours if not days.
Have you heard his interview on the extras he did with Jazz? It is an hour of him talking about the episode Epic, but he diverts quite a bit.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

anti-clockwise wrote:
Have you heard his interview on the extras he did with Jazz? It is an hour of him talking about the episode Epic, but he diverts quite a bit.
Margo

Yes I have, he wanted to rewrite portions of Epic. Years ago when I interviewed Cyril Frankel, he told me that Peter offered lots of outlandish ideas when they were working on Department S, but most of them were unusable.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Yeah, he's wonderful on the Epic commentary where he talks about the idea they were going to make a film of it(?!).

He's a fascinating man.

The extras on Department S I think are very enlightening, Frankel treats him with good humour and he's how he had to be on set as he was only one who could really control Peter.:)
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

MikeR wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:
Margo

Yes I have, he wanted to rewrite portions of Epic. Years ago when I interviewed Cyril Frankel, he told me that Peter offered lots of outlandish ideas when they were working on Department S, but most of them were unusable.
yes I recall reading that in your book. I was always sorry they did not follow his ideas. ANy idea why? Perhaps was it impractical?
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Darren wrote:Yeah, he's wonderful on the Epic commentary where he talks about the idea they were going to make a film of it(?!).

He's a fascinating man.

The extras on Department S I think are very enlightening, Frankel treats him with good humour and he's how he had to be on set as he was only one who could really control Peter.:)
That's rather funny that you say he is hard to control. So the characters he plays are not that far different than him? :lol: Can you think of any other actors that could pull off the 11 characters in Epic? When I first saw it, I never realized that the same actor did all 11 parts. Now that's good acting!