The New Avengers DVD

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Richard73
White Dwarf

The New Avengers DVD

Post by Richard73 »

After Series 6 has been relased next year are there any plans to re-release The New Avengers on DVD?
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

The New Avengers as yet hasn't received any restoration and Optimum's plans to release The Avengers on DVD didn't include it.

Hopefully some day we will see a beautifully restored boxset of those episode. they would look stunning I'm sure.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Darren wrote:The New Avengers as yet hasn't received any restoration and Optimum's plans to release The Avengers on DVD didn't include it.

Hopefully some day we will see a beautifully restored boxset of those episode. they would look stunning I'm sure.
yes, sure would be...since they were 'mastered' badly, on the a & e
dvd's...wonder if the source material, is in dire need of repairs..??
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Nothing wrong with the source materials, I would imagine. The film transfers used for the home video releases around the world are old and technically very poor. A modern transfer from the negs would yield results of a far higher standard.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

It would be great to have these restored - especially The Eagle's Nest which was a shaky mess on the last box set.
jakester65
White Dwarf

Post by jakester65 »

The differences between New and "old" have been well covered elsewhere, but forgetting the Avengers connection for a moment, The Persuaders! (another British buddy action series of the 70s) has been enthusiastically received following a thorough re-mastering.
Richy
Nutshell

Post by Richy »

If it does get a re release I hope they include the screentests of Joanna and Gareth that were on the french dvd release!
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Well, after years of waiting for TNA to get a digitally restored release, I've finally given up waiting and bought the Studio canal box set. Seeing as it's the same company who remastered the original show, I can't understand why TNA didn't get the same treatment. I've watched 2 episodes so far, and they're no better, no worse than I expected. Pretty much the same quality as my old VHS copies. They're pretty OK to watch actually, not shabby, but not pristine. No extras which is a shame. I guess now that I've bought this set, Studio canal will suddenly announce the restored release :!: Rich.
johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

I had both the US and UK sets for a short time and found the UK Optimum discs too hard to release from the clamps! In the end I was so fed up trying to get them out I decided to keep my region 1 sets and ditch the others!
JB
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

cyberrich wrote:Well, after years of waiting for TNA to get a digitally restored release, I've finally given up waiting and bought the Studio canal box set. Seeing as it's the same company who remastered the original show, I can't understand why TNA didn't get the same treatment. I've watched 2 episodes so far, and they're no better, no worse than I expected. Pretty much the same quality as my old VHS copies. They're pretty OK to watch actually, not shabby, but not pristine. No extras which is a shame. I guess now that I've bought this set, Studio canal will suddenly announce the restored release :!: Rich.
well, the olde A & E releases of BOTH the Tara and TNA eras, aren't much better...looking like they simply dumped the VHS versions...how I wish for a re mastered version in Blu-Ray, for the U.S. market