Dead Man's Treasure Hunt

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Vic Flange
Nutshell

Post by Vic Flange »

Is the a 'Dead Man's treasure hunt this year??
Last Watched:Super Secret Cypher Snatch
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Yes ! :)
It starts in 10 days !!!
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Yes, it's next weekend and this year we're based in Weston Turville for a change of scenery.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

The infomation for this years Dead Man's Treasure Hunt event just arrived by email. The format remains unchanged this year and the event will take place over the weekend 20th and 21st June. We arrive on Friday afternoon/evening and meet up with other enthusiasts of the series. Saturday: visits to filming locations used in The Avengers. Sunday: Recreation of the treasure hunt from the episode Dead Man's Treasure.

I hope those of you who have not attened before will give some consideration to joining us.

PS: I know this thread has been inacttive for a while and so I thought I'd start things rolling again.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Actually, it looks like the Hunt is on Saturday and the mystery tour on Sunday, as per last year, Mike. :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

Although he did write that in advance of last year's event before the schedule had been decided :wink:
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

MikeR wrote:The infomation for this years Dead Man's Treasure Hunt event just arrived by email. The format remains unchanged this year and the event will take place over the weekend 20th and 21st June. We arrive on Friday afternoon/evening and meet up with other enthusiasts of the series. Saturday: visits to filming locations used in The Avengers. Sunday: Recreation of the treasure hunt from the episode Dead Man's Treasure.

I hope those of you who have not attened before will give some consideration to joining us.

PS: I know this thread has been inacttive for a while and so I thought I'd start things rolling again.
Yes, its almost a year since I wrote that. I thought that running the actual recreation of the Dead Man's Treasure Hunt on a Saturday was a one-off, but I was wrong regarding that. Still it will be good to see everyone again, including Alan and Geoff.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

MikeR wrote:Yes, its almost a year since I wrote that.
That'll teach me to pay attention to the date!
Still it will be good to see everyone again, including Alan and Geoff.
Indeed it will. Looking forward to it immensely. :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
duke
White Dwarf

dead mans treasure hunt

Post by duke »

Greatly enjoying true entertainment`s current showing of the avengers just about recalled from the 1960`s and read with interest about the dead mans treasure hunt held in about June of every year. Would be interested in attending in 2017 and wonder where I might find further information if in fact anyone is in the course of organizing it
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

Keeping an eye on this thread or this one:

http://avengersfanforum.s2.bizhat.com/v ... rsfanforum

...would be your best bet. We don't start organising in earnest until the new year but I can say it will be over the weekend of the 7/8/9th of July in Borehamwood.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."