New Avengers - New Release?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I'd really hang on for a New Avengers Blu-ray for a bit unless you really must have it. I have no insider knowledge, just a feeling that it might not be that far off. Joanna Lumley has the largest profile in the UK of all the Avengers stars.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I'd really hang on for a New Avengers Blu-ray for a bit unless you really must have it. I have no insider knowledge, just a feeling that it might not be that far off. Joanna Lumley has the largest profile in the UK of all the Avengers stars.
Thanks. It sounds like the picture quality thus far isn't great on any of the issued sets. I'll hang on to my OOP US sets for now then.

It would be wonderful if the show was re issued with new transfers and extras. That or blu ray would be even better.

It's frustrating that Network locked The Persuaders! blu ray set to Region B only. This means that Region A users (North America) have to buy a modified blu ray player to view the set here. : (

Would've been great if they would've just made the blu rays region free.

Thanks for the post. Hopefully a remastered set of The New Avengers is in the works.

Maybe Alan knows something? : )
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I have no doubt Alan will very likely be the first to tell us should there be any news. 8)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Lando

Post by Lando »

Price wise I may actually make $ selling my US sets and getting the current UK one. The US New Avengers DVD sets are out of print and selling for quite a bit. Nothing like the original series sets, but still.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I have no doubt Alan will very likely be the first to tell us should there be any news. 8)
I'll probably hear at the same time as everyone else. I don't have any direct contact with Studio Canal these days.

However, what I do know is that Studio Canal UK consider their current TNA edition to be fine. I disagree, but that is sadly academic.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Lando

Post by Lando »

Alan wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I have no doubt Alan will very likely be the first to tell us should there be any news. 8)
I'll probably hear at the same time as everyone else. I don't have any direct contact with Studio Canal these days.

However, what I do know is that Studio Canal UK consider their current TNA edition to be fine. I disagree, but that is sadly academic.
Darn.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I honestly think that the point at which TNA will be remastered is when Studio Canal finally think it worth doing Blu-rays (and I'm not holding my breath on that score, either). I don't think there's really any hope of a revised DVD, at least not in the immediate future.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Lando

Post by Lando »

Alan wrote:I honestly think that the point at which TNA will be remastered is when Studio Canal finally think it worth doing Blu-rays (and I'm not holding my breath on that score, either). I don't think there's really any hope of a revised DVD, at least not in the immediate future.
Thanks again. I'll hang on to my US set as there's no reason to upgrade to the UK set at this point.

Hopefully Studio Canal does do some mastering in the near future.

In the meantime, I have the splendid 50th Anniversary Avengers set on the way. That will take quite a bit of time for me to go through!!

I'm looking forward to it!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Seems that Australia's getting a new TNA release next month, courtesy of Umbrella Entertainment:

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/p-3519-co ... s-the.aspx

It's got the Gareth/Brian Clemens commentaries, so I'd suspect a rehash of the Optimum set--it's even reusing the early Gareth/Joanna publicity shot that set put on its interior packaging for the cover, which I actually rather like. Nothing new on the remastering front, though. :(
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Lando

Post by Lando »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Seems that Australia's getting a new TNA release next month, courtesy of Umbrella Entertainment:

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/p-3519-co ... s-the.aspx

It's got the Gareth/Brian Clemens commentaries, so I'd suspect a rehash of the Optimum set--it's even reusing the early Gareth/Joanna publicity shot that set put on its interior packaging for the cover, which I actually rather like. Nothing new on the remastering front, though. :(
Lame. Hopefully a new UK set is in the works at some point.