Patrick Macnee

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Re: Clemens

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

mousemeat wrote:After reading some of these great posts, all I can muster is, that Clemens was quite a character in his own right...perhaps the engine that drove the show in it's latter years
He was, but I think we've also learned he took a fair portion of the credit too. I think there were others that were as important to the show, but tend to get overlooked.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

He (Baby Brian) was a guest at the Dead Man's Treasure Hunt last year maybe we could glean some info from the attendees that year - Andrew??? Any stories??
moorlock2003
Thingumajig

Post by moorlock2003 »

Allard wrote:

Although after the late Peels the stories and innovativeness recovered in the Tara King era. The development of adapting it more and more for television was continued. Despite some excellent and many good plots in the Tara King era it did not recover to the strong (more realistic) plots of the late Gale's and monochrome Peel episodes. This makes the Tara King episodes very enjoyable and captivating television, but due to the fantastic the viewer can less contact with the characters, which gives them less depth.
The show developed into more of a fantasy than when it started out, that's for certain. That's the way television was going in the '60s though. Realism only came back strongly in the early '70s.
vernonchris3542
White Dwarf

Mrs. M passing ( a plea to rupert)

Post by vernonchris3542 »

I heard the news also am i'm not sure if it is true or not eather. I know patrick is a privite person and we his fans respect that but still.....and i know he has family that will be there for him if it is true but still.....we the fan's would like to have closeure of this matter. So Rupert... please, if your reading this would you please tell us.

chris vernon
palm springs airport parking attendent