Imprint Films: The Avengers - The Tara King Collection coming Nov. 29

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Re: Imprint Films: The Avengers - The Tara King Collection coming Nov. 29

Post by paulpdjh »

Frankymole wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:31 pm
MRotten wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:52 am The accompanying booklet I trust will rightfully give the final season of The Avengers the praise it so richly deserves.
Hear hear.

I got a Royal Mail (UK) update: "We’ve been notified that a parcel has been posted to you from Via Vision Kensington in Australia. We’ll let you know when it’s in the UK and Royal Mail has it for delivery." It's probably coming by surface mail so will take 6 weeks or more so I won't hold my breath. But nice to know they're tracking it.
I've received a similar email :D

I ordered the Emma/ Tara bundle too. It would be nice if they arrived in time for the Christmas break.

Its also got me wondering whether Imprint Films might release the Cathy Gale episodes and/or The New Avengers!
Paul
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

That would be nice. Probably unlikely, but you never know, which is another reason I'm happy to support this release!
Last watched: "Build a Better Mousetrap"
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

Yes, you're probably right as releasing the Emma/Tara seasons mirror what has previously been released on bluray.

Initially I was only planning to order the Tara King set, but thought buying the bundle might help support any business case for future releases. Particularly as Imprint's announcement on social media said something along the lines of the next Avengers boxset being the Tara King collection, which depending how you read it could be interpreted as there being a possibility of further releases. Clutching at straws, I know!
Paul
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Since the image quality cannot be improved upon I doubt that a bluray release of the videotaped episodes will happen.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Well the BBC released a BluRay set of Doctor Who's second season from 1964-65. There's a lot they can do now with upscaling and remastering, not least on the sound which could finally be as near uncompressed as possible.

But it all has to be weighed in outlay versus the possible commercial return. As far as I know they've never even VidFIREd the VT Avengers episodes (though I've seen some amateur restorations and that colourised/restored Honor Blackman scene).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

well, the graphics look very good....and hopefully, the material will look better....upgraded....sure wish stuff like this, would come out in the states. I'm keen to see a remastered Tara era...in blu ray.....the last DVD of Tara's period, by A & E, was badly mastered..and it looked terrible...
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

I've seen a colorized version of one of Honor's episodes, and as much as I love the monochrome look and feel , I could certainly accept, a color make over of her period...
RayRay
White Dwarf

Post by RayRay »

Looks like this set has been shipped and will arrive tomorrow (to my US home.) Looking forward to unpacking the loveliness!
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

RayRay wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:09 pm Looks like this set has been shipped and will arrive tomorrow (to my US home.) Looking forward to unpacking the loveliness!
Excellent! If you spot any errors then let us know, I want to know what to look for on my disks when they arrive, hopefully all will be okay though. More than okay!
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

mousemeat wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:22 am I've seen a colorized version of one of Honor's episodes, and as much as I love the monochrome look and feel , I could certainly accept, a color make over of her period...
I agree. I would buy a colorized makeover of the Honor Blackman era. That would be great. We would really be getting something new that way. I would be reluctant to purchase those in black and white again.