The Dissolute Avengers website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
dissolute
The Ministry

Re: The Dissolute Avengers website

Post by dissolute »

Two more updates as we roll into June, I've also slightly corrected The Hour that Never Was as the final script moved the commercial break until after the unconscious rabbit.
Angry jealous spies, got telephones for eyes
26 May 2024
Cold War thriller The Thirteenth Hole is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information.

Somebody’s after me, he left his footprints by the garden tree
2 June 2024
Quick-Quick Slow Death is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information. This update's song link is a bit tenuous, it's a song from the album Quick Step and Side Kick.

Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

They say, you are dangerous, but I don't care
9 June 2024
Adrenalin-seeking servicemen known as The Danger Makers get a revision in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information.
Alternative video:
The things you do, aren’t good for my health
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Great to have scripts and dialogue sheets on the website. The film script seem to be generally by the writer, but who generates the dialogue sheets and why? Thank you.
Ron
Last Watched : Castle de'Ath
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Dialogue sheets would be typed up by a PA while watching the film back. Most of those we have were produced by Iris Productions or Telemen (i.e. the original production company for some episodes) while others come from Weintraub Entertainment or ABC Television.
I always assumed there were meant to be sent round to critics, newspaper & magazines to pull quotes from but maybe they're there as an extra item in the archives.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Thanks. It's nice to imagine someone with a typewriter trying to keep up with the action (even if they did use shorthand first)! It reminds me somehow of the busy world of the stories of the fleet-street life of newspaper production. TV show production must have been a pretty exciting place.
Ron
Last Watched : Castle de'Ath
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I am the God of Hellfire and I bring you, Fire!
16 June 2024
A Touch of Brimstone is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

I remember his Lp....in the U.S. it was issued on Track Records....and the title song...'fire'....not a bad Lp....he was considered a novelty act...much like screaming Lord Sutch..
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Because I forgot on Sunday morning, here's this week's update now:
All those sneaky looks, gazing down on you, are no substitute for our rendezvous
27 June 2024
OTT Forces farce What the Butler Saw is revised in the new format, with quotations and footnotes added along with extra trivia and production information - including several extra extras, some of whom are identified!

(I chose Adam Ant's song because it actually has the lyric "what the butler saw" in it!)
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

good choice...with Adam Ant..of course, he had a long tenure on EPIC (CBS) with Adam & the Ants..then he went solo..and ended up on Capitol..but his hit making days, were over...He did do a slew of interesting music videos....like Stand & Deliver, etc
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

279091380_10159612535497850_3938330302636604930_n.jpg
279091380_10159612535497850_3938330302636604930_n.jpg (249.77 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Me as Adam, I made the whole costume myself.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!