Escapade (by Brian Clemens)

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Escapade (by Brian Clemens)

Post by cyberrich »

I wasn't sure where to post this but I guess this is a kind of Avengers spin-off. I seem to remember reading about this in one of Dave Rogers books or fanzines. Brian Clemens penned this as a kind of American take on The Avengers. I stumbled upon it last night on youtube. Be quick as these things tend to disappear on youtube. It's a curious one-off drama that I imagine was a try-out for a series that didn't materialise. It's easy to see why. I'm glad I watched this ropey old VHS quality film, but it lacks the wit and charm of The Avengers. It certainly isn't one of Clemens' best scripts.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Escapade (by Brian Clemens)

Post by mousemeat »

yeah, saw this a few years ago..at the house of a collector....where he got it, I'm not sure....true, it was a 'pilot ' for a projected series..and yeah, it certainly did lack the charm..but then again, if the pilot would have gotten green lighted for a series, the writers / Clemens, might have worked out some of the bugs in the script ( s ). perhaps in an alternative universe...