7%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14

Rhonda
Epic

Re: 6.33 - Bizarre

Post by Rhonda »

I can just see the programme makers saying "how can we go out with a bang" and coming up with the rocket launch. It was a very topical TAG scene vehicle. The dialogue is just more of the jokey sort that Bizarre has throughout. Of course it turned out to be Steed that came back and briefly Emma in 'K is for Kill' 1 (and the wonderful Linda with Big Finish). I still think it's fun to end the programme this way; perhaps the best example of how remarkably 1960's TV production changed. They sort of did the same in The New Avengers with Emily - "lets just have a laugh".
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: 6.33 - Bizarre

Post by Frankymole »

Rhonda wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:59 pm I can just see the programme makers saying "how can we go out with a bang" and coming up with the rocket launch. It was a very topical TAG scene vehicle. The dialogue is just more of the jokey sort that Bizarre has throughout. Of course it turned out to be Steed that came back and briefly Emma in 'K is for Kill' 1 (and the wonderful Linda with Big Finish). I still think it's fun to end the programme this way; perhaps the best example of how remarkably 1960's TV production changed. They sort of did the same in The New Avengers with Emily - "lets just have a laugh".
I do like the last shot of Emily where she puts the carnation in Steed's buttonhole, it sort of bring things full circle back to the Emma titles in the first colo(u)r film series. That drew an "aah" from me. I named my daughter Emily as "Hot Snow" or "Bizarre" or "The Eagle's Nest" didn't seem appropriate.

Linda/Tara comes back in the Laurent Perrier champagne commercial that kicked off (literally!) the New Avengers idea. I know it's not really canon but it is kind of the first live-action Avengers of the 1970s (we'd had the TV Comic strips showing further visual adventures of Tara and Steed earlier in the decade - now adapted into Big Finish audio plays, as you mention).
Last watched: "Mandrake"