No votes
6%
6%

Total votes: 16

peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

5.05 - The See-Through Man

Post by peabody »

Discuss, review and rate The See-Through Man, production completed November 1966.

Teleplay by Philip Levene
Directed by Robert Asher
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

Crazy, ridiculous episode, with a paper-thin plot, but I love every minute of it. The conversation between Steed and Brodny is hilarious, as are the scenes with Roy Kinnear. There's a playfulness in the whole episode that's quite endearing - everyone seems happy and having a good time, and the whole has an ebullient, almost joyful tone.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

You can't go wrong with Brodny in my opinion, even when a story isn't the best his relationship with Steed and his comedy value carry it through. Warren Mitchell's an underrated actor.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I gave 5
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
The Honorable Flegghorn
White Dwarf

Post by The Honorable Flegghorn »

One of the few Dame Diana eps I had not seen, so I was excited to watch it on COZI TV last night.

Fell asleep about 20 minutes in. Guess it wasn't working for me. Or maybe it was just that it was almost midnight.
johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

I've always wondered why villains in The Avengers never returned? Outside of Brodny and the Cybernauts that is! We meet characters that are out to destroy Steed and his companions from a previous meeting or a grudge but we've never seen them before outside of the long list of repeated actors! :lol: but here for once we re-meet Brodny who was in Emma's first series!
JB
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

We sort-of had the villainous organisation Intercrime back, from the Cathy Gale episode of the same name, they were the villains in The Great Great Britain Crime, which became Homicide and Old Lace after it was reworked for transmission. Same writers for both episodes.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Lhbizness wrote:Crazy, ridiculous episode, with a paper-thin plot, but I love every minute of it. The conversation between Steed and Brodny is hilarious, as are the scenes with Roy Kinnear. There's a playfulness in the whole episode that's quite endearing - everyone seems happy and having a good time, and the whole has an ebullient, almost joyful tone.
couldn't have stated it, any better...weird comical relief..