9%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Fantastic pictures. Good to see the places weren't trashed by the events of '77! It sounds like the Bowie expo was fun. Presumably the cocaine spoon was an advance upon the absinthe spoon!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:Fantastic pictures. Good to see the places weren't trashed by the events of '77! It sounds like the Bowie expo was fun. Presumably the cocaine spoon was an advance upon the absinthe spoon!
Thanks! It was a kick to wander around where Gareth and Joanna and Patrick were. I don't get to Toronto often, so I thought I'd try and see something. 8)

The Bowie exhibit was very fun. It's a pared-down version of the V&A exhibit that was in London over the summer, but there's still a ton of stuff in it. The cocaine spoon could quite easily be related to the absinthe spoon--I'm not really up on these things. :lol: It was extremely tiny, though, and attached to a little a chain. Apparently Bowie used it just before he went onstage. This was before he went to Berlin to get clean, obviously.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Timeless thank you so much for the great pics and glad you enjoyed the Bowie exhibit. You are so right the building looks the same. Wow. Did you have a lot of images of the episode as you passed it by? Did it talk to you? :lol:
Just be glad you were unscathed after seeing the building and Bowie in one day.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

anti-clockwise wrote:Timeless thank you so much for the great pics and glad you enjoyed the Bowie exhibit. You are so right the building looks the same. Wow. Did you have a lot of images of the episode as you passed it by? Did it talk to you? :lol:
Just be glad you were unscathed after seeing the building and Bowie in one day.
You're very welcome. :D It was a good day all around. It did call to mind the bit near the end when Steed and Gambit pull up in front, and have a fit when they realise that Purdey's stuck inside, mainly because that scene was shot right out there on the sidewalk in front, and I could see roughly where they would have parked. So yeah, that was pretty neat. :)

And yes, I was lucky to get away unscathed. The Manulife Financial people must have deactivated the computer brain. :wink:

Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Thanks for the pictures from me too, and a good advert for Canada with the blue sky. In the episodes it was often sunny too but I seem to remember sometimes windy!
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Rhonda wrote:Thanks for the pictures from me too, and a good advert for Canada with the blue sky. In the episodes it was often sunny too but I seem to remember sometimes windy!
You're very welcome! :D And yes, it was a gorgeous day, very sunny and bright. I'd forgotten just how humid and warm Toronto is in the summer and fall. I was in a t-shirt and I was boiling! 8)

Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:The killer building. how cool. please do tell. And where is it in Canada Timeless? I hope you didn't go inside. Or if you did, you brought a match.
It's in Toronto, the heart of Canadian Avengerland. I took pictures. 8) I'll post about it when I have more time, but I'm still alive, so obviously I didn't go inside. :wink:
Been awhile since I wrote this post, I know, but things have been crazy, and I've only just gotten a chance to download the photos. 8)

Anyway, back in September I was lucky enough to go on a (very) quick jaunt to Canadian Avengerland a.k.a. Toronto to see the David Bowie Is exhibition at the Art Gallery of Ontario (now finished and moving on to its next stop, alas). Having spent the morning gawking at everything from Bowie's Ashes to Ashes Pierrot costume to his cocaine spoon (apparently there actually is such a thing as cocaine spoons. Who knew?), I decided to toddle over and visit the killer building from Complex. It's only a few blocks away from the AGO on Dundas to the building on University Ave, so it was an easy walk (so there was a nice critical mass of the seventies in there :wink: ).

The Complex building is at 393 University, and was supposed to be doubling for Canadian intelligence, though it's always been an office building. Nowadays it houses sinister organisations such as Manulife Financial and the Canadian Breast Cancer Association. :lol: It looks roughly the same, enough to be recognisable. I hardly ever get to visit Avengers locations, so this was fun. I looked up at the windows, but didn't see anyone getting dumped out just before they could reveal the identity of Scapina. :wink: I thought I'd share a couple of pictures in case anyone wants to know what it looks like nowadays.

Cool!
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk