"Too Many Targets" Adaptation - released Aug 2018

Discussion of Big Finish Avengers releases including The Lost Episodes and Steed and Mrs Peel.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

:) I was already going to update Steedumbrella for a new release, but ...

Yesterday's news on Big Finish:

Unfortunately, due to unavoidable production issues, this release (The Avengers: Too Many Targets) has had to be postponed until September.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/th ... rgets-1746

Will wait. :wink:
Denis
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

denis rigg wrote::) I was already going to update Steedumbrella for a new release, but ...

Yesterday's news on Big Finish:

Unfortunately, due to unavoidable production issues, this release (The Avengers: Too Many Targets) has had to be postponed until September.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/th ... rgets-1746

Will wait. :wink:
Hopefully the delay won't be too long.

I see from the tweet announcing the delay, Big Finish mentioned there will be more Avengers news soon, so it looks as though there will be further Avengers releases :D
Old account paulpdjh
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Released Thursday 20th Sept.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Out Now !
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

A couple of hours of nostalgic fun, but boy is Emily Woodward miscast as Tara, I must say her voice and portrayal of the character ruins it for me . Beth Charmers however makes a superb Cathy Gale.
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Finally had time to listen to this last night and really enjoyed it. I thought all the actors played their parts well and loved the way the story managed to capture the spirit from the different eras of the TV series. If only they had made a story like this back in the 1960s it would have been the perfect way to end the series (although I guest that getting all the leading actors back together would have been challenging to say the least!)

Happily it looks as though this won't be the final Avengers audio adventure as there's been some discussion on the Not the big finish forum of a forthcoming Steed and King release. Apparently Emily Woodward's Spotlight CV says that she's recording four new Avengers stories with the titles Wild Wild Wild Wild West, Under the Weather, Spycraft, ...Now You Don't.

Source: www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/1712-4536-2495
Old account paulpdjh
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

paulh wrote: Happily it looks as though this won't be the final Avengers audio adventure as there's been some discussion on the Not the big finish forum of a forthcoming Steed and King release. Apparently Emily Woodward's Spotlight CV says that she's recording four new Avengers stories with the titles Wild Wild Wild Wild West, Under the Weather, Spycraft, ...Now You Don't.

Source: www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/1712-4536-2495
As these new original stories or ones based on the comic strips or like?
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Avengerholic wrote:As these new original stories or ones based on the comic strips or like?
Good question! The titles don't match any of the novels or comic strips / short stories from the annuals, but I guess they could be adaptations of comic strips that appeared in TV Comics. I don't know those stories well enough to know if any of the titles fit. Apparently TV Comics published around 28 Tara King stories and 11 Emma Peel, so if Big Finish have acquired the rights to those it would give them a lot of potential material to work with. However, sadly none of them included Cathy Gale. Hopefully it won't be too long before there's an official announcement and we know exactly what Big Finish have planned.
Old account paulpdjh
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

paulh wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:As these new original stories or ones based on the comic strips or like?
Good question! The titles don't match any of the novels or comic strips / short stories from the annuals, but I guess they could be adaptations of comic strips that appeared in TV Comics. I don't know those stories well enough to know if any of the titles fit. Apparently TV Comics published around 28 Tara King stories and 11 Emma Peel, so if Big Finish have acquired the rights to those it would give them a lot of potential material to work with. However, sadly none of them included Cathy Gale. Hopefully it won't be too long before there's an official announcement and we know exactly what Big Finish have planned.
I believe there were Cathy Gale Strips published in a national newspaper at the time, plus there is always the novel by Consul Books.
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

Avengerholic wrote:
paulh wrote:
I believe there were Cathy Gale Strips published in a national newspaper at the time, plus there is always the novel by Consul Books.
Just looked it up. Apparently, there were 4 Cathy Gale newspaper comic strip serials. I remember reading the novel. I thought it was very good (much better than Deadline, the popularity of which has always been a bit of a mystery to me). I guess at a push Big Finish might be able to acquire the rights to the original script of the TV episode Warlock. It's not exactly a lost episode, but as originally written and recorded did include Steed and Mrs Gale's first meeting, which would be fun to hear.
Old account paulpdjh