Unstoppable cards: The Avengers

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

I ordered series one the other day, when did they stop having individual packets of cards in the sealed boxes? I was pleased with the cards but disappointed not to open the packets, that's the fun bit! I just got a base set, 2 autographs and one sketch card.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:Frankly, I’m more surprised with the prices. This is expensive for this kind of products if we consider the quality and content. :shock:
I wonder how many there will be willing to buy one box for £54,99.
Moreover, the company refers that the most popular deal is worth as £179,99 (I see that there are three boxes, including autographed cards, and Limited edition - but many of these cards are actually not exclusive, as many of the guest actors have already signed autographs for other boxes earlier). :shock:
PRICEY, indeed....has anyone within our forum, get a promo copy to review? or at least purchase one ? I would be interested in reading a review on this
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

The british company "Unstoppable Cards" will begin accepting pre-orders for "The UFO Series 3" trading card set tonight. Each set will be accompanied by promotional cards for the company's planned "Space 1999" and "The Avengers Series 3" card sets.

More details on the company's website: https://unstoppablecards.com/2018_SECURE/

Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:The british company "Unstoppable Cards" will begin accepting pre-orders for "The UFO Series 3" trading card set tonight. Each set will be accompanied by promotional cards for the company's planned "Space 1999" and "The Avengers Series 3" card sets.

More details on the company's website: https://unstoppablecards.com/2018_SECURE/

wow, they look sorta cool...thanks for posting...and the heads up...
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Wonderful design, although I don't think the one slightly blurry with Tara was a good choice for.
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

mousemeat wrote:
denis rigg wrote:The british company "Unstoppable Cards" will begin accepting pre-orders for "The UFO Series 3" trading card set tonight. Each set will be accompanied by promotional cards for the company's planned "Space 1999" and "The Avengers Series 3" card sets.

God, I always disliked that final episode and photo..with Tara and Steed aboard that rocket...as they are being launched into space...Steed with those horrible side burns, slicked back hair..and double chin....christ!....and Tara in that ' virgins' dress...LOL.......even for 1969, it's pushing it......lol
paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

mousemeat wrote:
mousemeat wrote:

God, I always disliked that final episode and photo..with Tara and Steed aboard that rocket...as they are being launched into space...Steed with those horrible side burns, slicked back hair..and double chin....christ!....and Tara in that ' virgins' dress...LOL.......even for 1969, it's pushing it......lol
This set does look great. Haven't bought any of these card sets for years though.

I have to admit I was somewhat confused by Steed and Tara's attire in the rocketship the first time I watched Bizarre. For a second I thought they were actually wedding outfits, but Mother's subsequent concerns about them being un-chaperoned completely dispelled that notion! Tara's dress was certainly 'bizarre'!
Old account paulpdjh
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

paulh wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
mousemeat wrote: wow, they look sorta cool...thanks for posting...and the heads up...
This set does look great. Haven't bought any of these card sets for years though.

I have to admit I was somewhat confused by Steed and Tara's attire in the

rocketship the first time I watched Bizarre. For a second I thought they were actually wedding outfits, but Mother's subsequent concerns about them being un-chaperoned completely dispelled that notion! Tara's dress was certainly 'bizarre'!

looking back at these photos...I still can't get over Tara on the hood, or ' bonnet ' of what appears to be a '1965 FORD MUSTANG' her lounging on an American car, does seem to be ' bizarre' as well.....lol
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Today, at 6pm - a superb warehouse find offer for everyone.

https://unstoppablecards.com/2018_SECURE/

Includes three Avengers Promotional Cards for the Coming Kit (Patrick Macnee & Linda Thorson).

Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Finally, pre-orders for the last set of cards in the The Avengers Complete Collection series begin on June 12th. More details here:

https://unstoppablecards.com/2018_SECURE/

Denis